I expect you've all been waiting for me to weigh in on this latest side-discussion regarding Strat rep prices! In fact I was actually going to leave it, having said it all previously - but on reflection, it may be worth reiterating a few things.
1) There still seems to be a mode of thought amongst some people that these Strat reps are "only kit cars" and should therefore be (fairly) cheap. Well, those days are long gone. The genuine Stratoses found their true place in the world of classics as desirable exotics some years ago, and good high-quality replicas have also climbed in price as they too have become appreciated for what they actually are. They have to be "good", though, to fetch the big numbers.
2) A new turnkey car from Hawk or LB can't be cheap. Consider the work involved in constructing one, and the cost of the components, the trimming, the painting, the labour. Remember that the car is entirely hand-built without robots and without an assembly line, plus the fact it's bespoke. The whole journey from initial contact with the manufacturer, to speccing the car and examining it at various points during its build, to collection of the finished vehicle, is already better than what the high-end exotic marques are attempting to do. If you order a Ferrari or Lambo, you'll do it at a dealer. You'll never get to meet the guy who designed it or the people who're building it, and establish a proper relationship with them. That's priceless!
3) Comparing a new turnkey Strat rep to a Cayman/Boxster GTS or Ferrari 308...well, sure, it's horses for courses, but in a lot of ways, for me the LB is a superior car. Consider just the door hinge, which uses laser-cut parts and spherical joints. Not only is it functional, it's lovely to look at. And that goes for just about every component on it - it's almost Pagani or Bugatti-like in that respect. Don't misunderstand, the Porsche is a fantastic car and great value for money (I've had my 987 Boxster Spyder 10 years now and can't see me ever selling it), but it's still mass-produced and when you start getting under the skin you can see where the corners have been cut. Your new Strat rep might not be as practical or be as "developed" in many ways, but it's automotive jewellery!
4) It's unlikely your Strat rep will depreciate for some time yet, given the waiting lists etc. Can't say that about a Cayman GTS!
5) £90-odd thousand for a new car such as this is peanuts in comparison with other manufacturers. In fact I don't understand how they can do it that cheaply! And remember that a turnkey car is no longer a kit car, so why shouldn't it be a pricey thing?

The car for sale here (the 12-valve Alfa-engined Hawk....remember that?? ) is, I'm told by a previous owner, quite a good car, but it's 20-odd years old now, has a 12v motor and no way can it be compared to a new one with the latest improvements, etc. The vendor asking what a new LB costs, and then upping his price to beyond that, is laughable and shows he doesn't understand the first thing about our cars. You'd think he'd have asked the actual manufacturer of the car he's trying to sell, wouldn't ya?? I'm sure there'll be even more to be said about all this yet...