Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Metal Nose Badges

New Metal Nose Badges

I did clear this with Peter regarding the resin badge project, before posting.

A year ago I had a quote for some possible metal Lancia nose badges.
    Nothing exists at the moment to view, which is a bit of a problem.
    Here is the message from the supplier, who is Robert James, 'Car Badge UK'.
    T 02477 863 864 | E rob@carbadgeuk.co.uk| W www.carbadgeuk.co.uk

We did quote before Chris,
    Please see below:

Please see price below for the metal badges:
    Artwork – Free
    Set up – Free
    50 units - £10.00 per unit
    Delivery – Free to 1 UK address
    Plus vat

As I said, no badge example to view, but Rob did send me the artwork, which looks correct, apart form the black parts should be dark blue (see image attached)
    It's difficult to commit to buying something you can't see and example of, and the badge manufacturer won't go ahead without funding.

I have no wish to oversee this order, if it does go ahead.

Is there any/enough interest from club members?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ANCIA[2].jpg  

SEC Member

Re: New Metal Nose Badges

That's a very reasonable price, I reckon, for what looks like a nice product (although you don't know till you see an actual example). It'd probably have to be a club buy at that quantity though, and we'd probably stick another few quid on to cover having to stock them, and also a small profit for the club funds. You did used to be able to get them from Omicron, but they were a lot more expensive - don't know if they still sell them.

The awkward elephant-in-the-room situation, though, is where these might go onto the nose of non-genuine cars. I don't think we could condone that as a club, certainly not after the C-Type replica debacle, so they'd be sold on that basis. I'll have a word or three with other committee members and see what they think, so watch this space...

Chairman Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    You did used to be able to get them from Omicron, but they were a lot more expensive - don't know if they still sell them.
    Chairman Norm
    I had one of those, surplus, a while ago Norm:
    Omicron Badge

It came with some wheels I bought, and I already had an original badge.

SEC Member

I've still got one....don't know if I'll put it on mine. Maybe with "by ListerBell" underneath it (as it's a pre-LB-name-change car)?

I put one on my Allora, but used a Beta grille badge carefully sliced around the "circle" to get it thinner. Looked OK actually.

If they could make these badges with decent fixings on the back (like threaded posts) then I'd have one! I have an Omicron Badge and they use very small posts and clips that just push on. A bit of the chrome plating also flaked and fell off........

Images of other work on their website look good.
    Last edited by LPH_UK; 12-03-2021 at 17:50.

Norm I did the same as you and modified the Lancia Beta grill badge it looks basically the same as the original.

Quote Originally Posted by LPH_UK View Post
    If they could make these badges with decent fixings on the back (like threaded posts) then I'd have one! I have an Omicron Badge and they use very small posts and clips that just push on. A bit of the chrome plating also flaked and fell off........

Images of other work on their website look good.
    That's a good point Leigh.
    The older Omicron badges (late 1990s) had long threaded studs and nuts on the back.

The original Stratos just had a very short self tapper. The best solution they could come up with for retaining the (pre riveted) Fulvia hub cap badge.
    'Not the best fixing idea?

In principle I'd be happy for the club to buy a batch but would be guided by the Committee decision. My resin efforts were based around one of the plastic badge versions - but a metal version would undoubtedly be a far better bet and much more robust (and authentic).
    I wouldnt be so worried about using one on the bonnet - after all we all put a "strato's" sticker on the boot dont we? However I can understand the concerns around design copyright (notwithstanding the fact it could be argued that the very car shape is an infringement of that).
    I dont recall ever having seen an LB badge so dont know if these are available as a replacement (or indeed what they cost).
    Last edited by Stratos Fear; 13-03-2021 at 11:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    That's a very reasonable price, I reckon, for what looks like a nice product (although you don't know till you see an actual example). It'd probably have to be a club buy at that quantity though, and we'd probably stick another few quid on to cover having to stock them, and also a small profit for the club funds. You did used to be able to get them from Omicron, but they were a lot more expensive - don't know if they still sell them.

The awkward elephant-in-the-room situation, though, is where these might go onto the nose of non-genuine cars. I don't think we could condone that as a club, certainly not after the C-Type replica debacle, so they'd be sold on that basis. I'll have a word or three with other committee members and see what they think, so watch this space...

Chairman Norm
    Norm, I understand your reticence, but just being an Enthusiasts Club which includes a great number of members with Homages to the original are we not already condoning this whole replica situation? As Peter mentioned there are any number of suppliers of decals already out there and if they were sold by the the Club not as a nose badge, but a "regalia" display item then it would be up to individual purchasers how they were used.

BTW I would be interested in a couple myself.

Cheers!

Ade

The Nike slogan comes to mind.