Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: New Metal Nose Badges

  1. #1
    Site Supporter ProtoTipo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Outer Mongolia
    Posts
    3,798
    Rep Power
    47

    New Metal Nose Badges

    I did clear this with Peter regarding the resin badge project, before posting.

    A year ago I had a quote for some possible metal Lancia nose badges.
    Nothing exists at the moment to view, which is a bit of a problem.
    Here is the message from the supplier, who is Robert James, 'Car Badge UK'.
    T 02477 863 864 | E rob@carbadgeuk.co.uk| W www.carbadgeuk.co.uk

    We did quote before Chris,
    Please see below:

    Please see price below for the metal badges:
    Artwork Free
    Set up Free
    50 units - 10.00 per unit
    Delivery Free to 1 UK address
    Plus vat

    As I said, no badge example to view, but Rob did send me the artwork, which looks correct, apart form the black parts should be dark blue (see image attached)
    It's difficult to commit to buying something you can't see and example of, and the badge manufacturer won't go ahead without funding.

    I have no wish to oversee this order, if it does go ahead.

    Is there any/enough interest from club members?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ANCIA[2].jpg  

  2. #2
    SEC Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    St Helens
    Posts
    1,698
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: New Metal Nose Badges

    That's a very reasonable price, I reckon, for what looks like a nice product (although you don't know till you see an actual example). It'd probably have to be a club buy at that quantity though, and we'd probably stick another few quid on to cover having to stock them, and also a small profit for the club funds. You did used to be able to get them from Omicron, but they were a lot more expensive - don't know if they still sell them.

    The awkward elephant-in-the-room situation, though, is where these might go onto the nose of non-genuine cars. I don't think we could condone that as a club, certainly not after the C-Type replica debacle, so they'd be sold on that basis. I'll have a word or three with other committee members and see what they think, so watch this space...

    Chairman Norm

  3. #3
    Site Supporter ProtoTipo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Outer Mongolia
    Posts
    3,798
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: New Metal Nose Badges

    Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    You did used to be able to get them from Omicron, but they were a lot more expensive - don't know if they still sell them.
    Chairman Norm
    I had one of those, surplus, a while ago Norm:
    Omicron Badge

    It came with some wheels I bought, and I already had an original badge.

  4. #4
    SEC Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    St Helens
    Posts
    1,698
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: New Metal Nose Badges

    I've still got one....don't know if I'll put it on mine. Maybe with "by ListerBell" underneath it (as it's a pre-LB-name-change car)?

    I put one on my Allora, but used a Beta grille badge carefully sliced around the "circle" to get it thinner. Looked OK actually.

  5. #5
    SEC Member LPH_UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,857
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: New Metal Nose Badges

    If they could make these badges with decent fixings on the back (like threaded posts) then I'd have one! I have an Omicron Badge and they use very small posts and clips that just push on. A bit of the chrome plating also flaked and fell off........

    Images of other work on their website look good.
    Last edited by LPH_UK; 12-03-2021 at 16:50.

  6. #6
    SEC Member David J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Huttons Ambo Nr Malton North Yorks
    Posts
    266
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: New Metal Nose Badges

    Norm I did the same as you and modified the Lancia Beta grill badge it looks basically the same as the original.

  7. #7
    Site Supporter ProtoTipo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Outer Mongolia
    Posts
    3,798
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: New Metal Nose Badges

    Quote Originally Posted by LPH_UK View Post
    If they could make these badges with decent fixings on the back (like threaded posts) then I'd have one! I have an Omicron Badge and they use very small posts and clips that just push on. A bit of the chrome plating also flaked and fell off........

    Images of other work on their website look good.
    That's a good point Leigh.
    The older Omicron badges (late 1990s) had long threaded studs and nuts on the back.

    The original Stratos just had a very short self tapper. The best solution they could come up with for retaining the (pre riveted) Fulvia hub cap badge.
    'Not the best fixing idea?

  8. #8
    SEC Member Stratos Fear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    1,013
    Blog Entries
    83
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: New Metal Nose Badges

    In principle I'd be happy for the club to buy a batch but would be guided by the Committee decision. My resin efforts were based around one of the plastic badge versions - but a metal version would undoubtedly be a far better bet and much more robust (and authentic).
    I wouldnt be so worried about using one on the bonnet - after all we all put a "strato's" sticker on the boot dont we? However I can understand the concerns around design copyright (notwithstanding the fact it could be argued that the very car shape is an infringement of that).
    I dont recall ever having seen an LB badge so dont know if these are available as a replacement (or indeed what they cost).
    Last edited by Stratos Fear; 13-03-2021 at 10:34.

  9. #9
    SEC Member LOFT6.6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    231
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: New Metal Nose Badges

    Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    That's a very reasonable price, I reckon, for what looks like a nice product (although you don't know till you see an actual example). It'd probably have to be a club buy at that quantity though, and we'd probably stick another few quid on to cover having to stock them, and also a small profit for the club funds. You did used to be able to get them from Omicron, but they were a lot more expensive - don't know if they still sell them.

    The awkward elephant-in-the-room situation, though, is where these might go onto the nose of non-genuine cars. I don't think we could condone that as a club, certainly not after the C-Type replica debacle, so they'd be sold on that basis. I'll have a word or three with other committee members and see what they think, so watch this space...

    Chairman Norm
    Norm, I understand your reticence, but just being an Enthusiasts Club which includes a great number of members with Homages to the original are we not already condoning this whole replica situation? As Peter mentioned there are any number of suppliers of decals already out there and if they were sold by the the Club not as a nose badge, but a "regalia" display item then it would be up to individual purchasers how they were used.

    BTW I would be interested in a couple myself.

    Cheers!

    Ade

  10. #10
    SEC Member Guy Mayers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,636
    Rep Power
    36

    Re: New Metal Nose Badges

    The Nike slogan comes to mind.

Similar Threads

  1. Pin badges
    By Stratos-Si in forum Club News
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 23-01-2020, 21:51
  2. Position of nose badge
    By LPH_UK in forum Bodywork
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 28-10-2019, 20:12
  3. Pin badges
    By Stratos-Si in forum Members chat area
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 25-06-2019, 21:43
  4. New Omicron Nose Badge
    By ProtoTipo in forum For Sale
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2018, 20:50
  5. Nose badge
    By Griff in forum For Sale
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-11-2016, 19:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •