Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Northern Drive-Out - Pennines, Kielder and the Borders - Fri 6th & Sat 7th August 2021

Re: Northern Drive-Out - Pennines, Kielder and the Borders - Fri 6th & Sat 7th August 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
    uh get you, champers all round!! together with retrieved and recycled Corn Flakes
    Champers all round........ Why thank you so much Robin... we'll have a Bottle of Bolly please !

SEC Member

Re: Northern Drive-Out - Pennines, Kielder and the Borders - Fri 6th & Sat 7th August 2021

Had a communication from the hotel today to say they'd introduced a new breakfast cereal - Karpet Krunchies. They contain added fibre (from the Karpets) and are especially for the non-discerning. Kool, eh?

Sussex to Scotland (there and back again) in a Stratos. (apologies to J.R.R.Tolkien)

Jobs to do...

Get the old girl started after a winter layoff
    Clean the car after the October quarry playday
    Fit the tarmac rubber/rims
    Fit the touring springs
    Adjust ride height
    Adjust the anti-roll bars to a touring setting
    Start saving for the petrol
    Program the satnav with the route(s)
    Learn to speak a bit of Northern
    Buy some suncream
    Check the headsets (ear defenders) work

Hotel deposit paid, looking forward to it
    "a theory should be as simple as possible, but not simpler"

MMMMMmmmmm don't know if you'll have time to "Learn to speak Northern" lad..... tha' teks yeers

Can we use our other cars?
    Obviously mine aintent buildid yet....

No problem, the Yorkshire Drive I organise usually has a variety of cars as does Norm’s. In fact Norm’s 2019 had no Strats at all due to the biblical rain that was forecast.
    Last edited by David J; 24-04-2021 at 17:04.

SEC Member

Good lad, Mark, glad you're coming! In fact I'd already got your name down on my list here, so Ta for making it so I don't have to cross you out Don't worry about not speaking Northern, we're well used to communicating with those from the Far South. Usually by judicious use of a middle finger.

Andy, as David says, you can come along in and drive whatever you like. In fact you can do it on a pushbike if that's what floats your boat, but we'll all be back home by the time you return to the hotel on the Monday And, I can't see my Strat being ready in time for the Yorkshire Run in early June, so it'll be the Porsche...with Leah navigating, and therefore the slowest and lostest car attending, and waving at other attendees as we pass in the opposite direction on the odd occasions we see each other on the route (thus spake the Voice of Experience.)

OOoooooooo Norm !!!!...........please don't mention "Pushbike" in front of David J....particularly peletons of the buggers!!!! .....I understand he has an aversion to them on public roads (said roads paid for by Car owners amongst others)..... the fall out ain't pretty !

SEC Member

Ah, so that touches a nerve, does it....hmmm....if the conversation looks like it may be flagging during the evening, it would appear we've been handed a sure-fire way of livening things up

We were out and about the other day and spotted a peloton of about 10 riders taking up the whole of one carriageway. Tour de Yorkshire I think not!!!!. Oh for a box of drawing pins that would steady them up a bit.