Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Northern Drive-Out - Pennines, Kielder and the Borders - Fri 6th & Sat 7th August 2021

Re: Northern Drive-Out - Pennines, Kielder and the Borders - Fri 6th & Sat 7th August 2021

Perfect, thanks Mark. I would be lost without the .gpx files, literally

BR
    Dave

SEC Member

Re: Northern Drive-Out - Pennines, Kielder and the Borders - Fri 6th & Sat 7th August 2021

Nah, just follow me and you'll be fine....

Mark, Big Ta for doing all that, mucho appreciated. Gotta be worth letting you buy me a pint, surely!

Planning on doing a recce of a large chunk of the route this week, and the other part (Hexham to Kielder to Corbridge) a week Saturday, hopefully, when I'm up there visiting a pal. Still not had word back from the Lords of Entropy on whether we'll be having sunshine or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    Nah, just follow me and you'll be fine....
    But I was planning to do the whole route, I wouldn't want to miss out on the tea and cake stop

SEC Member

Oh ha bloody ha :P I'll most likely be Porsche-powered, so reasonably confident of doing the whole shosher, as even if my LB gets through IVA on Tues 3rd it's highly unlikely it'll be registered by DVLA for Fri 6th...

SEC Member

Been Oop Norf today, doing a recce of a large part of the route (didn't have time to do the whole thing). All looking good, and only one "gotcha", which is leaving Hexham as you join the A69 - there are major roadworks at the roundabout, so where I said "get into the right hand lane", that'll now turn you through 180 degrees and have you heading for Newcastle! But I'm sure all you clever Strat Peeps will be able to use your grey cells and suss out what needs doing.

Other big thing is that the hotel's still there, not burned down or anything, so that's looking promising too! Only a fortnight to go now....

SEC Member

Latest update on the Big August Gig - I've just sent the latest list of attendees to the hotel to make sure their list matches mine (anyone tried sleeping in a Stratos before?) We have 16 cars this time, which is a goodly number, 8 of which aren't club members. So a variety of vehicles! For those who might be interested, here's the list - club members first.

Me
    Phil & Helen Dolby
    David & Pat Jowsey
    Robin & Carol Tyler-Morris
    Mark Eaton plus pal
    Dave Evans
    Neil & Deb Beardsley
    Richard Craig & Sarah
    ...and the non-club peeps...
    Mark & Sarah Earnshaw (Cayman GT4)
    Sam Earnshaw (son of above) plus pal (Cayman)
    Dave & Chris Atkinson (Lotus Elise S1)
    Ade & Jill Burns (Jaguar F-Type SVR)
    Keith & Wendy Jones (Volvo P1800...or BMW Z3)
    Chris Jones (son of above) & Lara (car unknown)
    Peter Jowsey (David's brother) & Better Half - can't remember her name! - sorry! (Ginetta G15)
    Dave Hill (Porsche 911 Carrera)

The Hotel have also told me that face masks are not compulsory, and dinner will be at 20:00 on Friday, to allow for everyone getting there, and 19:30 on Saturday.

I may be able to recce the part of the route I couldn't manage last week, i.e. the section from Hexham, up to Kielder, into Scotland and back to Corbridge, this weekend when I visit a friend up in the North-East. But that's not guaranteed though!
    Weather is looking a bit so-so according to the forecasts, but it could still change....either way!

That's a great turn out Norm..!
    We are really looking forward to it
    Also like the variation of cars !

Looking forward to the Rice Crispy's at breakfast !

SEC Member

Believe it might be Fruit and Fibre this year, although the "fibre" component might not be what people expect

SEC Member

Hi Norm would be ok to join in from shap up to kielder?

SEC Member

Hiya Martin - course it would. More the merrier!