Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Northern Drive-Out - Pennines, Kielder and the Borders - Fri 6th & Sat 7th August 2021

SEC Member

Re: Northern Drive-Out - Pennines, Kielder and the Borders - Fri 6th & Sat 7th August 2021

Final update on this before it all kicks off tomorrow - dinner Friday is at 8pm to give peeps time to get there, and on Sat it's at half 7. I've not been informed if we've got a room to ourselves for dinner but I think they're trying (and you'll think the same, come Sunday morning...) David J's brother's had to drop out due to covid, but everyone else is still up for it (or they've not told me if they're not!). Weather is looking pretty poor...don't think it'll be non-stop rain, but it'll deffo be wet. Take those shower covers!
    I've got a small prob with the Porsche exhaust - well it is 10 years old! - where the switchable thing isn't switching and is stuck in a sort of halfway not-noisy-but-not-quiet mode, which is actually quite unpleasant-sounding. I've checked both flaps and they're free so it must be either the actuation system or perhaps the flap valves themselves becoming worn (they default to "loud" and are pulled to "quiet" using vacuum from the inlet). So I might be in the Panda....

See y'all there, and remember - er.... oh I've forgotten.

Re: Northern Drive-Out - Pennines, Kielder and the Borders - Fri 6th & Sat 7th August 2021

Hi Norm,

I intend to tag along for part of the run on Saturday will probably join the route just after Hexham, hopefully meet up with some of you by Kielder Castle.

rgds Bob

SEC Member

No prob Bob, assuming you can get past Bellingham this time...bring water wings and a flotation device

SEC Member

Thanks Norm for organising a great run yesterday, visited some lovely places on good roads that aren't that far away. Good to see everyone, thats probably my first trip out since lock down started. Almost made it home as well but the water pump seized up so had to get towed by a friend the last 10 miles but it was no real bother.
    Thanks again everyone.

Hi Norm,

Many thanks for planning yesterday's run I enjoyed the drive out and nice to meet up with everyone at Kielder.
    Sorry but forgot to take any photos.

Bad luck Martin but not too difficult to fix, make sure you get a replacement with a metal impeller.

rgds Bob

Many thanks again Norm, great weekend again, great roads, great social ..!!!!!...... very much appreciated the time and effort that's gone into organising again...
    Phil and Helen

Hi Norm
    Echoing earlier comments. Your efforts in organising a great driving and social event are much appreciated. We had a fab time and hopefully you and I can join the Strat Drivers next time. Met and chatted with some lovely people and nice to put faces to names. (Some great and varied cars as well )
    Thankyou and all the best
    Neil & Debs.

Another memorable weekend for all the right reasons great roads, scenery and company, the weather was even better than the BBC forecast. It so lovely to catch up with everyone after these rather trying times.

The next Drive will be the Yorkshire Dales on June 10th & 11th 2022 watch out for details which will be posted shortly.

Thanks again Norm for bringing home the bacon once more.

Pat and David
    Last edited by David J; 08-08-2021 at 22:13.

Couldn’t resist. Mrs B and I smokin the Merc barge (roof up this time) and came across a random group Porsche GT3 GT4 and F Type SVR. The Strats were long gone
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DB617297-360F-4D0B-B5F4-C205D9B353BE.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	18564

Hi Norm, Thanks a million for the super re run through the northern counties and into Scotland. This time the fabulous views you had planned were seen in their full glory, almost rainless!!!. You have taken us on great driving roads and even managed to organise not too much traffic. Thanks for organising the weekend for us all to have such a most enjoyable and sociable time with great company. The ability to have technical Sratos exchanges on the occasion is a bonus.

Carol + Robin
    Last edited by Longtimefan; 08-08-2021 at 22:32.