Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IVA - fallen at the first hurdle !!

Re: IVA - fallen at the first hurdle !!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos Fear View Post
    - I only had one with me holding a bundle of loom wires - which of course I included !

Regarding the IVA application - I finally managed to submit the forms last evening after slavishly cutting and pasting every page, photo and invoice into a Word document (only acceptable as the old file format .doc) - and even then I had to split the main Application Form 1C into two parts to get it below the 5Mb size limit.

At least the Application has now been formally accepted - so it will be interesting to see how long I have to wait. I have opted for the Gillingham Test Centre as my firt choice.

P
    Well done Peter! That sounds like it's been a real chew to get completed, but done now and just hope you get your 1st choice of Test Centre, with an amenable Tester. Do you know of anyone else who have used Gillingham for a LB?

Cheers!

Ade

SEC Member

Good luck with getting a date for sometime soon! Keep us informed of how you get on...

Hi Ade - the reason for choosing Gillingham was that they should be familiar with Hawk cars as it's their local Test Centre but of course it doesnt really mean anything other than that they might be familiar with the shape / concept of a Stratos replica. I'm more or less midway between Gillingham in Kent and Southampton - so Southampton is my second choice. Let's see what happens next ! (still got one or two things to do like tidying the wiring around the steering column)

What receipts do they require?
    Would the build stage ones from LB do or are they looking for stuff you buy to complete the build for example the gold heat reflection stuff I recently purchased?
    Would including the bill from having my engine rebuilt be a good idea or bad,as it would be a professional job?
    Do they really need to see me working on the build?I have real issues having my photo taken.
    Would receipts for tools bought to complete the build be a good idea too?

I have included 10 receipts in total - although in fact I have a pile that is fully 3 inches thick. You obviously cant copy and send everything, so I have sent copies of the various LB package receipts (which were purchased over several years) plus a couple of Autolusso receipts for the engine re-build.
    One of the other limiting factors which caused me a lot of frustration and extra time was the File size restriction of 5Mb. I resorted to copying 10 receipts onto 1 A4 sheet in a Word file and it will be interesting to see what feedback I get about this. I am half expecting them to say that the copies have come out so small as to be illegible - but let's see !
    Interesting also to note that once I had managed to submit all the various forms, pictures and invoices (a bit like trying to post a shoe-box through a letterbox) the response from the DVSA seems to allow the submission of further information by using a "reply" facility to the application acknowledgement - and I wasn't expecting that , so am guessing I'm not the only one who has suffered this problem!

Fingers crossed now then Peter, I've got mine crossed for you as well now.

Robin

Good luck Peter, I am relatively close to IVA too, looked at all the forms and thought, eek! you need half a day just to look at the paperwork!

I will be posting mine, on actual paper, not that I distrust interwebs or the computerthingys etc.

Thanks Robin and Tim

Tim - I was going to post mine too but couldnt get an address . The DVLC is in Swansea and the DVSA is , I think in Newcastle - this application goes to the Technical Application department in the DVSA (wherever that is) and as I was uncertain of the exact address didnt want the application getting lost somewhere between Swansea and Newcastle with a lot of my confidential information in it. Hence I decided to persist with the online route.
    However posting directly by snail mail with hard copies of everything will undoubtedly save you a couple of days !
    Last edited by Stratos Fear; 03-05-2021 at 18:43.