Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Litton Corse

Re: Litton Corse

Hi,

My 1993 Corse I began with 7 x 15 Front and 8 x 15 Rear and now uses 7 x 16 and 8 x 16 (ex Arthur/Turbonutter), kept the 15 inch ones for track days tyres.
    The rears have zero offset and the fronts have 35 mm offset plus a 6 mm spacer.

The build manual from the early 1990's recommended 7 x 15 and 8 x 15 with zero offset rear and 40 mm offset front.

rgds Bob

Ok, out at final price of 23k for sale out there, if it doesn't sell it stays. Think your right Norm about ebay auctions

SEC Member

Good luck with it Ste....although I suspect you'll still be happy if it doesn't sell

Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    Good luck with it Ste....although I suspect you'll still be happy if it doesn't sell
    Too right Norm

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    The Litton Corse S ( like Steves) can make a nice car with diligent effort, and some expense of course.
    I know the ballpark figure thst this car sold for some years ago. And I know very well what it cost to do and how long it took.
    There's a profit to be made in Steve's car even at £20k.

For sure with diligent effort some expenses and skills you can make a nice car with an old Corse S (below the original car few years ago before your works)

Thank you John for posting this nice photo in Perigord during one of our great and memorable adventures!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EBADF0D0-FC2C-41E1-8014-5DDDF21CF33F.jpg  
    Last edited by Stratie.fr; 27-05-2021 at 19:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratie.fr View Post
    For sure with diligent effort some expenses and skills you can make a nice car with an old Corse S (below the original car few years ago before your works)

Thank you John for posting this nice photo in Perigord during one of our great and memorable adventures!!
    Now that you've posted this latest photo, Frederic, it broke a memory, since I remember test-driving this very car sometime during the late '90s, down in South Staffordshire. It was a mixed experience overall, or (as they used to say in England) "Like the curate's egg, good in parts".

I do remember it as being nicely-built (by the standards of the time) which makes sense since the owner/builder was a professional model-maker and so equipped with the kinds of skills still relevant for this type of project. (Although those white, twin-boom door mirrors were a real aberration...).

It drove OK, and the agile turn-in was great (short wheelbase, of course) but unfortunately the 2.0 Lampredi twin-cam fitted didn't exactly deliver on the big cheque signed by that jaw-dropping 'Alitalia' bodywork. If I can unearth the 1990s advert for it, Frederic, I'll happily send a copy over, but yours & John's years of hard work on it since have certainly wrought some terrific improvements to the original car as I viewed it.

This advert?:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Corse S Alit.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ProtoTipo View Post
    This advert?:
    Err... no, Chris. That was certainly the same car but with a completely different photo, and it doesn't read at all like the advert I remember answering, on that Wolverhampton-coded number shown.

Particularly since "£10,000" was the asking price by then, if I remember things a'right... and, yes, it was road-legal, possessing an SVA & MoT.

(But 'no', I wouldn't have bought it at either price; although its better aspects certainly helped to inspire my next project then following).

Fredric, that was Milton's car wasn't it?

Robin

SEC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
    Fredric, that was Milton's car wasn't it?

Robin
    It was Milton Hollands car. There was a large black painted 'MH' on the underside of the bootlid when I removed the trim!
    Interesting information Clive.
    Not sure where it had been between you seeing it and Frederic purchasing it, but it had been fitted with an Alfa 12v.
    Not particularly well fitted it has to be said. I still have the 'fabricated' engine mounts in a box marked 'Exhibit A', but they had to be replaced, along with most of the other work carried out under Napiersport banner.