Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Facebook Page

Re: Facebook Page

Hello Phil,

I set up the page as I did the forum. However Facebook and myself have never got on, so thankfully Paddy Boyce has run it almost from day 1. A SEC member last I heard.

However I still have control of the page but rarely get involved with it as I have no clue how to make it do what it should.
    That said, I have just seen your post on here, and have checked, and I can confirm that:

I have undone that for you, as I done see anything wrong in your post.

Regards
    Ian

Thank you Ian.
    Phil

SEC Member

Excellent result, and a big Ta to Ian for that. Ian, I know you don't come on here as often as you used to, and I know you're not a big FB fan, and I therefore also don't expect you to be constantly scanning posts for suitability, so I appreciate you sorting this one out.

So, it appears that FB annihilation has been averted thanks to our very own Bruce Willis-type guy, but going forward we need to be more alert to what's happening on the club's sites that could potentially damage it. And I think if posts are to be deleted, then a message to the person who posted is in order to explain why.

Agree with with what you say Norm a PM sent to a person if a post or comment is going to be removed is the correct thing to do explaining the reasons why.
    Just for clarification . Gerry has made it clear over the years that Hawk Cars will never call one of their cars a Lancia Stratos . All his Replica/tribute cars of the Stratos have always been called by the term Hawk HF's .
    HF followed by the engine capacity in cc
    Example HF 2000 = Beta 2000cc
    HF 3000 = Alfa 3000cc V6
    With reference to his comment on the Stratos Enthusiasts Club Facebook page again for clarification , when Gerry replied to Phil's comment with "Philip Dolby I think we better not !!!" he was referring to Phil's first post which read " should we be using the term Lancia Stratos ..?? we have been through this sort of thing before many times" in other words Gerry agreed with Phil that the car should not have been called a Lancia Stratos.
    Some people may have interpreted Gerry's reply incorrectly thinking he was replying to Phil's 2nd comment which read "but should someone ask them to edit their post". This was not the case.
    The paint shop should not have used the word Lancia Stratos but they did state that the car in question "is the first in a new batch of steel bodied cars being produced by Hawk Cars" they also stated "recreating the iconic 70s rally cars". By the fact of the above statement they are acknowledging that this is not an original car or being passed of as one.
    However it is correct that they should not have used the term Lancia Stratos.
    The thread was originally started asking as to why comments had been removed from the Facebook page, it appears they have been reinstated which was the correct thing to do.

SEC Member

Kenny, thanks for the clarification. TBH I'd already taken Gerry's post to mean what you just said, but as as we know context and state of mind count for a lot when absorbing written material, so I suppose it's easy to see why others would have read it differently.
    I also understand why Kingswell said what they did, and how they present the cars they've got in the shop is their business, but we have to be careful when their words get copied to a club site. Anyway. All good now on that front, but the big question is, who removed Phil's post, and why? Whoever it was, step forward please, you're not going to be put in detention or be given 500 lines - we just want to iron this out so it doesn't happen again.
    Last edited by Normb666; 23-07-2021 at 18:27.