Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Facebook Page

Facebook Page

I posted comments on the Stratos Enthusiast Club Facebook page a few days ago, these comments have now been removed.

The comments I made were on a shared post by another club member from "Kingswell Coachworks". They were made immediately below a John Salley.

The screen shot below is of my post a few days ago.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hawk steel body.PNG 
Views:	141 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	18439

I have just taken a screen shot a few minutes ago and my post is gone...see below
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Comment removed.PNG 
Views:	144 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	18440
    Can an Administrator from the Facebook page advise how this has happened as I have not removed it myself
    Thanks
    Phil

Re: Facebook Page

Bump !.............................

SEC Member

The silence is deafening....the SEC FB page isn't something I bother with much, not having an FB account, but I'd have hoped someone would've responded to your request by now. But, can someone tell me what exactly our FB page does for the club? I'm assuming no-one pays to use it? - therefore, would it be any loss were we to close it down?

It's showing Mel and Ian as moderators of the group, I've not had anything to do with it.

It's got over 3500 members so obviously pretty popular. Usually it's just photos tho but that's no bad thing.
    On facebook, whoever starts a thread has the option to either hide or report a comment (available by hovering over the 3 little dots to the side of the comment) so possibly that's whats happened. There are some sensitive souls out there.

SEC Member

Thanks Ste - although I can view it, I can't post or see anything about moderators etc.

Jim, that's my point. 3500 people who're members of a FB page, but very few of them will be club members, so basically we're subsidising at least 3300 peoples' Stratos fetish! Ta for the info about who can edit an FB thread though.

It's not really subsidising anything tho is it and anyone can set up a page with that name or a variation of it. I thought the idea was to have as many folk conscious about Stratos things as possible, whether that be replicas, real ones, model ones or whatever. 3500 members seems to fulfill that remit.

Being honest, I didn't appreciate there was a link between the FB page and here until recently. The nature of public FB groups is that everything is transitory, you can't really search information easily and it's really ideal for folk posting, liking and occasionally commenting on photos of cats... err.. of cars.

It was news to me that there was an SEC FB page. Even though I have an FB account (which I dont use) I will probably not be a regular visitor. There is only so much you can do in a day!

SEC Member

I dunno, maybe it's just me who doesn't see the point of it. I have a look on there most days just to check that people are being nice to each other or equally, not saying anything that could harm the club. See, although you're right that anyone could set up such a page, this one happens to be the club's FB presence, and therefore there are things you can't say on there - such as refer to a replica as a Lancia. There have been rumblings of complaint before in such instances, when owners of genuine cars have rightfully had a go about people from here doing such a thing. And now that Stellantis have said that they're giving Lancia a chance to make a comeback, they might just get shirty about someone misrepresenting a car as one of their old 'uns, no matter how nice it is.

Anyhow, just cos I think it's waste of space doesn't mean I want to stop peeps having fun, but if I think activity there could harm the club, I'll do whatever's necessary to prevent such an outcome. In the instance referred to by Phil in his first post here, it was something said by Kingswell and re-posted on our page that started the alarm bells ringing. To be honest they should know better than to say something like that in the first place, but once it'd been pointed out by Phil
    then others should have chimed in with condemnation, but they didn't, and in fact deleted his post instead. That's not something I'm best pleased about and is a major black mark against our FB members - most of whom, remember, aren't club members and therefore don't give a toss whether the club exists or not.

As far as I'm concerned, the way things stand at the mo is that our FB page is in danger of being closed down completely if people, including our moderators on there, don't start shaping up and acting responsibly. So, to whoever removed Phil's post - reinstate it if you can. And don't assume I'm not watching, or that I won't act to protect the club, because I will.

Free user

I like the Facebook page, it’s got loads of photos of the genuine stratos rally car and replicas in some great action shots!

In 2017 before I was a member of this club, I went to see rally Trasmiera in the basque region of Spain and took some Spanish friends also. It was a group B/group IV slowly sideways event with some fantastic cars there from all over Europe. We went to see our friends genuine RS200 take part. On that event there were only two (I believe?) stratos cars there and they were both replicas! I’ve only seen photos of that event and those cars on the Facebook page. Easily assessable on Facebook and nice to see. I’m sure they are on here somewhere also…but to be honest haven’t seen them or looked!

I think Facebook is an asset to the club. Let people know who you are, be proud of your cars, put photos of your own car up on there, put positive things up about your car, forget they’re replicas. Who cares!!! Get people outside the club engaging. These retro builds, chuck any engine in anything is ‘IN’ at the moment. Checkout retro powers YouTube channel out! They even have a LB on there.

If anyone mentions lancia or whatever or FB! Tell them and arrange or correct them! Delete if need be. If a post like Phil’s brings up an important point and it gets corrected. Once it gets corrected delete phils post as well. Just keep everything positive. And if you have a thing with lancias! take your lancia badges of your car and put LB or Hawk or whatever on them instead!

Honestly, it’s a good thing. I’m surprised they’re not more of your cars up on there!

Thats my newbie club member opinion!

Justin
    Last edited by Stimbow; 21-07-2021 at 19:37.