Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Herts

SEC Member

Re: Hello from Herts

,,,and then again, there might well be an exemption for small-run and kitcar manufacturers, just like there is now for various things - emissions, crash tests, all sorts of electrical/computerised gubbins such as ABS, lane assist, blah blah blah. They've only just announced the end of ICE motorbikes for 2035 - probably cos they forgot about them

Just read your post Matt - dont worry about asking daft questions. (no such thing as a stupid question as one of my teachers once said ) I'm probably the least qualified/experienced person ever to have built an LB Stratos - and If I can do it anyone can. I've made loads of stupid mistakes (most of them mentioned in my blog) but so long as you dont repeat them, and read the numerous and various other posts you will end up with a great car.

Peter

Free user

Hi Matt, I'm just up the road from you in Croxley...I'm already jealous of you though as you at least have a slot on the waiting list! I've been speaking to LB (almost pleading lol) but the best I can achieve at the moment is the reserve list. It seems moving forward they're no longer going to be offering self-build kits but instead turn-key cars...These are going to work out to be rather expensive and four years from now even more so... I'm in a bit of a dilema as saving for a few more years might achieve an LB but I could order a self-build Hawk and wait less time and probably build it considerably cheaper. That said, I have no experience of building a car but I'm generally ok with spanners... Just wish I'd moved on something sooner....

Gary
    Last edited by Stradale Corse; 06-03-2022 at 21:14.