Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yorkshire Dales Drive June 10th & 11th 2022

Yorkshire Dales Drive June 10th & 11th 2022

How to follow Norm’s ace drive out around the North Pennines and Borders? We’ll try!. Well, we’ve already given out some hints, The Yorkshire Drive 2022 will indeed see us stay in a castle before we sample the best that the Yorkshire Dales has to offer.

The venue is Walworth Castle Hotel, just north of the A66 (oops just outside Yorkshire)!
    The cost per room per night for DBB is £130. This is based on two people sharing and includes a three course meal with coffee for Friday and Saturday evenings. The total cost per couple is £260.
    Single occupancy is £85 per night so £170 in total.

The 10 rooms that have been put on hold for us are a mixture of suites, 4 posters, doubles and twins (so don’t delay). To book your room please ring on 01325 485470 giving the date of arrival 10 June and quote STRATOSEC as a reference. A non-refundable deposit of £40 is payable at this stage (£20/room/night). A tour of the Castle’s dungeon may be on the cards...

Please let me know when you have reserved your room so that I know who’s coming. June will be here before we know it.

David

Last edited by David J; 14-08-2021 at 20:28.

Re: Yorkshire Dales Drive June 10th & 11th 2022

David,

We have made our reservation with the Hotel, for the trip in June. Found the booking contact extremely helpful and the accommodation that you have provisionally reserved sounds wonderful. Looking at the web site, the food is making me salivate already, don't know how I am going to make it to June 2022!!!

Really looking forward to being in the Yorkshire Dales again next year.

Robin

SEC Member

You can include me on that too - just booked for me and Leah....or whoever I might be with by next June

Coupla things though - they said it was only £230, and I had to pay the full amount up front. Cats are looking very nervous now, as there's no dosh left for food this week :0

All being well Norm’s hiccup when booking his room has now been resolved. Please could members ask for Jess Todd (Events Manager) when they wish to book a room, as she is personally looking after our parties bookings from now on.

David

David
    Debbie and I have just booked. Fiona on reception had all the details and very helpful. Looking forward to it and Thank you for organising
    All the best
    Neil & Debbie

David.... just made our reservation !...thanks for reminding me !
    Cheers
    Phil

Hi David,

All booked, something to look forward to in 2022

BR

Dave

Hi David

All booked in for the 2 of us. I've paid £40 deposit and told the total is £260 so I suspect Norm must have a room with nice airbeds !
    Now where is Yorkshire !
    Who knows this could be the first trip for 20 years in the Allora, as at the present rate I'm finding two things broken for every one that gets fixed in the refurb, after its nearly 20 years "resting" under a sheet in the garage.
    Pete and Julie

Now that the SEC has experienced a recent plethora of IVA passes and a follow up wave coming along shortly, together with some re-commissions that are well in hand, those who are experiencing these 'Euphoric Moments' should be thinking of how to enjoy the driving experience of their pride and joy handy work.

One very enjoyable way to do this would be to experience the joys of the Yorkshire Dales on the route that David J has planned for next June, based on a fellowship stay at Walworth Castle Hotel with likeminded fellow members.

David has arranged a great package at very reasonable cost for the weekend stay at this super Hotel, take a look at the Castle web site, https://walworthcastle.co.uk/ and do come along and join us. The previous events have all been memorable fun. More details are given by David in the first post on this string.

The roads in Yorkshire are fabulous for our Strati, you won't be disappointed. An experience that will lead to an enhancement of your appreciation of the uniqueness of the design of the car that you have built.

Robin.

Last edited by Longtimefan; 01-12-2021 at 23:20.

SEC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
    An experience that will lead to an enhancement of your appreciation of the uniqueness of the design of the car that you have built.

Yeah, easy for you to say, the uniqueness being that I might have the car but I bl**dy can't get in it!!