I've just been reading an article in EVO and a similar Autotrader article that makes the following statement...

The European Commission has reached a provisional agreement that all new vehicles sold in Europe will be fitted with a speed limiter as a legal requirement from 6 July 2022. The 2019/2044 regulation also mandates all new cars that have already launched be fitted with an Intelligent Speed Assist (ISA) by 7 July 2024.

My question (and fear) is if this becomes legislation in the UK which seems likely according to the articles, will this will affect IVA tests from this date? My understanding is any new car registered after 6 July 2022 will have to have a speech limiter and any existing car will have to be retrofitted with such technology. The latter seems rather harsh on existing car owners but OE manufacturers could easily incorporate the former in all new production. It appears that the limiter is intended to adjust the maximum speed of the car according to the speed limit of the section of road being used.
Is anyone else aware of this and am I being overly concerned?
Steve

https://www.evo.co.uk/news/22326/man...ars-after-2022