Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lewis was robbed !

Lewis was robbed !

A great race but what a lousy and inconsistent set of decisions by the race director/stewards.

I will still think of Lewis as an 8 times world champion. Max is undoubtedly a brilliant driver and a worthy opponent but the race was Lewis's.

Re: Lewis was robbed !

Made for Hollywood IMHO.

Lets see if Lewis can be bothered next year, or indeed if the Red Bull is a dog under the new rules.

Purely won on a lot of luck that played into team tactics, not driver ability. Could there be a possibility of other elements in play? Has anybody heard an explanation as to why Perez was retired?
    Last edited by Longtimefan; 13-12-2021 at 19:46.

Glad Schuey's record remains equalled but not beaten.

Right winner for me.

Max had the advantage on tyres and Lewis had track position - Perez showed quite clearly how difficult it can be to pass (even with dead tyres) if you race an opponent rather than the track. Lewis has consistently left the door wide open for Max coming down the inside by taking the racing line - his defensive driving game is pretty poor and Max capitalised on it.

Staged interpretations of the rules at the end ? - the FIA was consistent in its inconsistency.

Luck and tactics - Lewis had plenty of that during the season - the number of times it happened quite astounding.

Shoe on the other foot. and Lewis winning the crown in the same way - Not sure I would be shouting that Max was robbed - and I am not a Max fan or a Lewis fan for that matter.

I wonder what Filipe Massa was thinking ?

Being English - it would be nice to have the record with Lewis - Interesting that the series of events that lost Lewis the championship was started with a bloke called Mick Schumacher !

Well it looks like the result - and championship - will stay with Max - but no doubt the outcome will be debated for decades to come. I hope by next season there will be greater clarification (and consistency of application) of the overtaking rules - and the end-of-race rules with a safety car. Luck - no doubt - played a bigger part than strategy than most of us would have expected.

BTW - from tomorrow (wednesday) it will be Sir Lewis - recognition for the great driver that he is.
    Last edited by Stratos Fear; 14-12-2021 at 14:15.

Putting aside the controversial decision of the race director on last lap of the last race, which still left Verstappen behind Hamilton ... throughout the whole 2021 season Verstappen won the most points, won the most races, had the most pole positions in qualifying, had the most podium finishes, led the most laps and shared first position for the most fastest laps during the races. Not bad really.

Robin
    Out of fuel !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Tomblin View Post
    Robin
    Out of fuel !!!
    Well its over £1.50 per litre now Ken !!!