Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EPAS for the Stratos

Blog Entries

Re: EPAS for the Stratos

John I'd be interested to hear how you get on with Easysteer . I was looking at the cost of a (secondhand) Corsa b unit and it seems to be in the region of £300 plus and for someone like me who would need someone to fit it I'm thinking it would not be an inexpensive operation. Presumably also you would need to upgrade the alternator ? I'm thinking there wouldnt be much change out of £1500 or maybe up to £2k ?

SEC Member

I will keep up reports of progress Peter. But I don't think there will be any more progress for a month or so.
    It's worth keeping in mind that my own LB chassis is of the earliest variety so my installation might not be applicable to later ones.
    Early indications are that a bespoke installation of the new Easysteer motor to my column will be less than half the kind of figure you estimate!
    I would not see any need for an uprated alternator. Not from any information supplied by Easysteer so far anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos Fear View Post
    J. I was looking at the cost of a (secondhand) Corsa b unit and it seems to be in the region of £300 plus and for someone like me who would need someone to fit it I'm thinking it would not be an inexpensive operation.
    £150 ea on FB marketplace Peter
    "You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead"
    Stan Laurel

Blog Entries

I'm obviously looking in the wrong place Craig (not for the first time!) . My prices came from E-Bay - I've not used FB Marketplace . I'll have to check it out. Thanks P.

SEC Member

It were a Corsa steering rack that my Alfa 4C had fitted to it recently. Cost an absolute bloody fortune - mostly in labour - but absolutely transformed the car. The single thing I'd recommend to any 4C owner over any other mod.

Cheers,
    Hedge