Re: AGM 2022 - Sun 1st May 2022, Stoneleigh Showground

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stoneleigh location 2022.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	19473SEC 2022 AGM - Agenda.docx

**** AGM AGENDA ****

Gang,

Only two-and-a-bit weeks to go to the AGM at Stoneleigh, so here's the Agenda, as promised. I know the actual AGM itself, where we do the club stuff, can be a bit boring but we'll try and keep it as short as possible. One of the things the club rules stipulate is that all the committee have to elected or re-elected every year, and doing that individually can take a while and get quite tedious. Therefore, seeing as how all the committee are happy to stay on for another year, we'll just have one block vote where we ask if you're happy for the committee to stay in power...sorry, I mean stay in place as is. I'll also ask, first, if anyone has any objections to any particular individual, and if so we can get a vote on that. But otherwise, just the one vote rather than 20 mins of nominate/second/vote on each member. Of course, it may be that someone wants to run for a particular position, and if so, we'll have a vote on that too. So if anyone thinks they can do a good job on the committee, shout out, or say so at the AGM.
    As it happens, we do have one position that needs to be filled - Events Secretary, which up to now has been ably performed by Peter Cutler, who actually stood down last year. It's not an onerous job - you don't have to actually organise all the events! - you just get sent invitations from other clubs/organisations/individuals, asking if the club or its members would like to come along to their do, and simply publish those details on the Forum and keep track of them. So if you fancy that, we'd be happy for you to give it a go! (not as happy as Pete though, methinks....)

What else....oh yeah, as stated previously, there'll be no hot dogs/burgers/drinks provided, as we've not got anyone to do chef duties. But food and drink is available a short walk from our pitch, so we'll be fine. Of course you could bring your own butties and cans etc!

We're at pitch 51A - just across from where we were last year. See the attachment for location. See y'all there!

Norm

*** It would seem that the attachments haven't, er, attached as I hoped. The club stand JPG is OK but you'll have to click on the link to open the agenda.....sorry!
    Last edited by Normb666; 12-04-2022 at 15:42.

Norm
    I’m happy to give the events secretary role a”go” supported by Mrs B. If we can discuss at the AGM. I have Sunday tickets do you need support setting up / what time ?
    All the best

SEC Member

Hey Neil,

Big Ta for offering to take over Events. Peter Cutler (former incumbent) will be there so we'll have a chat about it on Sunday, so I hope he doesn't scare you off Or, drop him a line on here - he's "Stratos Fear"

The pitch at Stoneleigh should be pretty much all ready for us - the marquee outfit deliver and erect the thing, and then take it down and take it away after the do. All we've gotta do is bring the cars and look pretty....damn, I knew there was a flaw in the plan....

Have bought a ticket for the Sunday so should see you guys there. Assuming I can get petrol by then

Norm, even if they do dye the grass YELLOW, nobody is going to miss those BLUE wheels!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    Cheers Pete, that's just the ticket. Well, not an actual entry ticket, but ya know.... Will they be tinting the grass yellow in our spot too? No-one will be able to see my car till they trip over it

I'll try and get there reasonably early and plant a few SEC flags. I'll only be there on the Sunday, so if anyone's planning on being there on the Monday, maybe we can arrange for them to be picked up then?

Norm, Just to confirm, as I haven't already publicly, I am intending to be at the AGM, fingers crossed, legs crossed, and all crossed up.
    "Why make it easy when you can struggle"

SEC Member

Looking forward to seeing that....is there a doctor on-site???

Quote Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
    Norm, Just to confirm, as I haven't already publicly, I am intending to be at the AGM, fingers crossed, legs crossed, and all crossed up.
    Classic lift off oversteer symptoms. Gotta learn somehow.

I’ve been asked to make labels again.
    Let me know if you’re attending, but are NOTon this list:

Norm, CJ, David J., Guy M., Peter Cutler, Paul Eustace, Peter Bennell, Peter Hubbard, Neil Beardsley, Steve Colley, Kenny Mahon, Revs - Richard Hodson, Robin TM, Dave Evans.

I'll sort the proper names out at the time.
    Last edited by ProtoTipo; 26-04-2022 at 16:52.

I doubt I'll be attending Chris, I'll be on Gerry's stand.
    Guy