Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: AGM 2022 - Sun 1st May 2022, Stoneleigh Showground

SEC Member

Re: AGM 2022 - Sun 1st May 2022, Stoneleigh Showground

I looked at their website last week (not in any detail though) and they do cater for club meets and AGMs, will also provide food, and you can get a suitably-sized room. The other good thing is that there's something else to do/see besides the AGM itself and the members' cars, and it may be that the fact we're doing and going somewhere different could tempt people to attend. I say let's investigate further - Chris, if you could do the biz and report back, without committing us to anything yet, that'd be great.

If this comes off, it doesn't mean we're giving up on Stoneleigh. It's only the AGM that we're relocating.

SEC Member

And while I'm here.....the AGM minutes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Apologies for not showing, on the day I just didn't feel up to the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos Fear View Post
    - yes Chris - that echoes my comments exactly. You have to be pretty tight-fisted to begrudge the organisers a fiver to come to the show - even with a Stratos replica.
    I agree, I had purchased tickets in advance and I must say the cost of those wasn't even on my radar (even with a second ticket for the wife). Having said that, eg Rallyday is more expensive but there is 10 times as much to see (for me) so feels better value.

Quote Originally Posted by ProtoTipo View Post
    I'd be happy if I never went to a kit car show again.
    Similar sentiments Chris, but what a sad reflection that this situation has come to pass to make us feel like that.
    "Why make it easy when you can struggle"

Out of interest on this subject, as some know I dashed off to catch up with my wife Carol who was at at the Ecurie Cod Fillet luncheon that was being held at Gaydon, in one of the function rooms, which was available to them Noon to 16.30, with coffee and tea provided all day. The lunch consisted of a main course and suite for £20, Steak Pie with vegetables, Sticky Toffee pudding with Sauce and Cream was chosen for the suit, all served in a buffet fashion. Unfortunately I only made it for a Coffee. It also included a pass to gain entry to the Museum.

I will check with the organiser in the next week or so to see if there was any other costs that were involved.

Another possibility in a fairly central location that has rooms etc., to hire and will do catering is the National Memorial Arboretum. It has adequate parking. We are going to something of a similar nature there on Monday next, although the numbers are likely higher than we would expect to have, so will do a bit of investigation whilst there.

As has already been commented, it may be attractive to a number of other members and help with attendance at the AGM if the location is changed with other attractions.

Hon Sec Robin.
    Last edited by Longtimefan; 03-05-2022 at 20:24. Reason: Additional info added
    "Why make it easy when you can struggle"

Quote Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
    Similar sentiments Chris, but what a sad reflection that this situation has come to pass to make us feel like that.
    No Robin,
    I've honestly felt that that for years. It's nothing new.
    The club's AGM is always the overriding reason to visit Stoneleigh, with the bonus of visiting the Stratos kit manufacturer's stands.
    You're not going to get the latter at a different venue.

I though I read on here a comment about the Calendar and quantity we had to purchase,tougue in cheek I know but...............Do we own the SEC facebook page?
    If yes once paid up members had preordered theirs then they could be sold on Facebook.
    Just a thought.

Subject to legality on the web-site sounds like a good idea to me - but probably a bit late now for any residual 2022 stock?