Thread: AGM 2022 - Sun 1st May 2022, Stoneleigh Showground

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SEC Member

AGM 2022 - Sun 1st May 2022, Stoneleigh Showground

All,

With the news that the Stoneleigh Kit Car Show is on again this year over the May Bank Hol (1st - 2nd May), and the club's attendance sorted, it's time to announce that we'll be holding the AGM on Sun 1st, at 12:00. Not had the pitch number confirmed yet but it's likely to be the usual spot. We'll have the usual stuff to discuss, plus election/re-election of the Committee, but if there's anything you want discussing or airing then let us know in advance and we can stick it in the Agenda, which will be published nearer the date. You can post it here, or message me (as Chairman) or Robin Tyler-Morris (as Secretary - forum name "Longtimefan").

As stated in the Stoneleigh thread, there'll be no burgers/hot dogs/hot drinks provided, sorry - yeah, I know, standards are slipping - you don't even need to wear a suit and tie to attend Hopefully the halls will have a few more exhibitors this time, cos if not, it's hard to see how they'll justify holding it again....

See y'all there!

Chairman Norm

SEC Member

Re: AGM 2022 - Sun 1st May 2022, Stoneleigh Showground

Just 6 weeks to go to the AGM at Stoneleigh, and only 22 people have read this....and one of those is me!

Does no-one have any items to discuss? Any complaints, or even plaudits? In fact is anyone planning on going, cos the silence is deafening! I hope a lot of you will be there, cos it'll be very lonely sitting in that large (and expensive!) marquee all on me tod!

Bad news is I will be there... can't think of owt' to discuss , club/forum seems perfect to me.

Just to prove I've read it Norm.... unfortunately I will not be able to attend.....

Just one point... what is the state of the club memorabilia ?... hats, shirts, umbrellas etc etc

Cheers
    Phil

I'll be there.
    Everything is fine with the club.

SEC Member

Wahey! There's life in the club after all! - or people's autoreplies are working....

Phil, all the Regalia is with Dave Evans, our new Regalia guy. I've no idea if he's actually sold anything of late, but I collected all the items we had from poor old Simon Panter last April and then passed it to Dave late last year. I believe he was going to speak to Carol, our previous Regalia Queen, to try and get a handle on it all.

As for all being well with the club...well, it is, and it sort of isn't. We're still struggling to get the bank and Paypal accounts transferred over to David, our new Treasurer, after Mark died last December. We've finally got hold of the correct forms (thanks to Mark's brother Paul for massive assistance there... no thanks to HSBC!) and we'll be submitting them to HSBC as soon as we get the required signatures on them. Then hopefully we can pay for the bloody marquee for the AGM!

Should be there.........................
    Hawk HF3000 - Engine: Alfa GTV 3.0L 24v V6, Dry Sump - Gearbox: Sadev 6 Speed Sequential ST90-14 - Suspension: Nitron 3 Way Adjustable - Wheels: Hawk Compomotive - Tyres: Pirelli P7 Corsa

Really did think the car would be done and I'd be able to bring it along....

But next (and please god the last) RR session is on the 12th May. Car not driveable until then.
    Last edited by LPH_UK; 26-04-2022 at 22:26.