Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Hexham

SEC Member

Hello from Hexham

After mulling it over for 15 years or so while I had a family I’ve paid a small sum to be at the back of the queue for my kit.

I’ve messed around with cars, frequently old Alfas (and one Beta) most of my life and built a kit although that was a Caterham Roadsport and there are Lego sets that are more complex than that.

Having had so many Alfas I can’t bear rust although as I’m into motoring icons I am presently saving what was a phenomenally rusty and dead mx5 mk1 I call Lazerus - the welding - and there was a stupendous amount is done now so I’ll have that to mess about with as I wait.

I’m extremely anxious about engine for the Stratos (grief even writing the name gives me goosebumps) project and getting the right spec v6 for me so I’ll be asking you kind folks lots about engine spec as I try and amass the bits I’ll need.

Re: Hello from Hexham

Welcome Andrew joining the club is the right thing to do these guys have a wealth of knowledge which they gladly pass on , you have excess to all areas and when you read through old threads you will pick up alot. I'm sure advise will be along shortly from more knowledgeable people than me.

Hello.

I went to Hexam once !

SEC Member

Hi Andrew, welcome to the club and well done in getting your name down for a kit! Don't suppose your decision was affected in any way by the sight of half a dozen cars passing through Hexham early last August, on our Northern Run....?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewF View Post
    After mulling it over for 15 years or so while I had a family...
    Welcome.

Always wise to take your time with these big decisions and just crack on with the little decisions in the meantime

Free user

Hi Andrew welcome did you go for the hawk?

SEC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Martin0074 View Post
    Hi Andrew welcome did you go for the hawk?
    Yes - I gather it’s supposed to be the closest to what Lancia made and that’s what I’m after.

SEC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    Hi Andrew, welcome to the club and well done in getting your name down for a kit! Don't suppose your decision was affected in any way by the sight of half a dozen cars passing through Hexham early last August, on our Northern Run....?
    I didn’t know you had. I’d have been lining the road if I’d known. I presume you were on your way over hart side which is a regular route for me. If anyone is coming through Hexham with their car at the weekends do let me know.
    Last edited by AndrewF; 20-02-2022 at 00:13.

Hi Andrew, welcome to the club, forgive me because I am biased but I can STRONGLY recommend the Busso 2.5, it loves to rev, goes plenty quick enough and is roughly £40,000.00 cheaper than a Dino... (and better!)

Try and pick up an old 156 asap with a half decent motor and crack on, to begin with there is enough to going on with the Hawk to keep you busy/happy.

Also use everything you can from the donor car, all brakes bolted straight onto my 2015 Hawk & so far they even appear to work!!!

Good luck,

Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewF View Post
    Yes - I gather it’s supposed to be the closest to what Lancia made and that’s what I’m after.
    So have you got your name down for the Hawk's latest creation with the Steel Tub ?
    Hawk HF3000 - Engine: Alfa GTV 3.0L 24v V6, Dry Sump - Gearbox: Sadev 6 Speed Sequential ST90-14 - Suspension: Nitron 3 Way Adjustable - Wheels: Hawk Compomotive - Tyres: Pirelli P7 Corsa