Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Northern Drive-Out 2022, Lakes and Pennines - Fri26th to Sun 28th August (Bank Hol Weekend)

SEC Member

Re: Northern Drive-Out 2022, Lakes and Pennines - Fri26th to Sun 28th August (Bank Hol Weekend)

I remember you saying you were going away. Isn't it a long long way to Inveraray?? Assume they didn't keep you locked up in the Old Jail

Hotel is fine. I'm beginning to believe it's some sort of Cumbrian Chic thing going on....woulda been the same wherever we ended up (so, back to Tynemouth next year )
    The contact at the hotel (Anna) wasn't in today which I presume is why they said to send an email. Cos it's obviously very complicated to tick off a room already reserved under a block booking....it's gonna be a lorra, lorra laffs....

Re: Northern Drive-Out 2022, Lakes and Pennines - Fri26th to Sun 28th August (Bank Hol Weekend)

Just received confirmation by email from Anna, following a couple of phone calls today to confirm that our room has been booked.

David

Our confirmation has come thro' too

Love these road trips and appreciate how difficult to organise but unfortunately we are away following the roundy roundy F1 in Spa and Netherlands. All the best
    Neil & Debbie

SEC Member

Phil, great that you got in! - Neil, no worries, I wouldn't have chosen the Bank Hol given a choice, but they were the only dates available. Don't worry about missing it cos it'll be crap anyway. .....no it won't.... haha!

This just in:
    "We saw a bright yellow Stratos rep on the way to the Lakes, reg prefix V66? It was between a bright red Porsche (I think) and a bright green Focus. A very colourful convoy."

SEC Member

Yep, that was me, Mark (in the GT4) and John in his new Focus. An interesting day out avoiding the Sunday Bank Hol crowd (successfully)!

SEC Member

Gang,
    just bumping this up a bit. Visited the hotel today to see where we were up to - we've got 6 rooms booked and 11 people total. There are 13 rooms reserved but they're only guaranteed till July, so if you're umm-ing and ahh-ing, don't leave it too long!

It seems some peeps have had a bit of bother booking in - the hotel has some new staff who've not quite mastered the ropes yet so if you call to book, whoever you get, insist they make the reservation and then follow it up with an email to reception@castleinncumbria.co.uk and mark it for attention of Anna. Hopefully we'll get a few more of ya giving it a go....and don't forget to post on here if you do please!

Sent an email asking to make a reservation as that's what the hotel asked me to do and Anna would call back today. No call so called her and she said this handsome chap called in yesterday. She said his name was Mr Briers - strange !! Anyway I have made a booking direct with Anna but then realised I didn't give her an email as a backup - but she has the first one.
    Why do I get the feeling this could go pear shaped ?
    Is it overkill to confirm to the hotel they have booked us in ?

SEC Member

Nah, it'll be fine. I've got you on my list and I'll be speaking to them again in July, so we can make sure we're synchronised. It'll be a great weekend! .....honest....