Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Northern Drive-Out 2022, Lakes and Pennines - Fri26th to Sun 28th August (Bank Hol Weekend)

SEC Member

Re: Northern Drive-Out 2022, Lakes and Pennines - Fri26th to Sun 28th August (Bank Hol Weekend)

Any more for this? We're only 4 weeks away and the remaining reserved rooms are back on general sale, so if you want to come along, get in there before they're all gone!

SEC Member

Re: Northern Drive-Out 2022, Lakes and Pennines - Fri26th to Sun 28th August (Bank Hol Weekend)

Lakes and Hills 27-8-22.docIt occurred to me that with this being the Northern DRIVE-OUT, it could be helpful if there was some sort of indication of where to head to. Accordingly, I knuckled down and knocked up some route instructions, and here they are...

Lakes and Hills 27-8-22.doc

I originally had a plan to include a small initial loop over the Whinlatter Pass, but in the end dropped it as we're doing enough as it is. But if anyone wants to give that bit a go separately, let me know!

SEC Member

Latest news for those attending!

Spoke to the hotel today (OK, it was actually someone who works there, not the building....pedants!!) and the good news is that they've not lost our booking, and we're good to go. They'll be taking payment at check-in time, which is from 15:00 on the day. Dinner will be at 19:30 both nights and they're going to seat us all together, to save us annoying the other guests. Brekky is between 7 and 10, but I'm expecting us to be away on the run by 10:30. Don't think there's anything to add other than that, but chirp up if you've any questions.

If you're aiming to get there early, to try and avoid the traffic, and fancy somewhere decent to eat, try the BASSENTHWAITE STATION CAFE which is in the old station buildings on the Penrith - Cockermouth line and just a few miles from the hotel. They've got a replica locomotive, and art deco carriages that you dine in, all from the 2017 "Murder on the Orient Express" film. Best if you book ahead though as it seems popular - we were lucky to get a table when we just turned up a week last Sunday.

Those attending -

Me and Leah
    David and Pat Jowsey
    Phil and Helen Dolby
    Robin and Carole Tyler-Morris
    Richard Craig and Sarah
    Pete and Julie Hubbard
    Dave Hill (non-club member).

If anyone fancies booking at the last minute, there may still be a couple of rooms left - give them a ring, ask for Anna, and don't forget to let me know if you're successful!

See y'all there!

Hope you all have a great time, there are some brilliant roads around there. With a little luck, I'll be able to join you next year.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGuyton View Post
    With a little luck, I'll be able to join you next year.

... or the next

Quote Originally Posted by renmure View Post
    ... or the next
    O ye of little faith, my money’s on Andy!!!!
    "Why make it easy when you can struggle"

What's your route? Whee are you nearest to The North Bit?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCar6 View Post
    What's your route? Whee are you nearest to The North Bit?
    see post 22

SEC Member

Cheers Andy, yep I've chosen some interesting roads! Fingers X'ed for next year!

Chris, furthest north will be the Brampton bypass where we come off the Pennines and head west. You thinking of popping down to say hello?
    Thing is though, the route's not compulsory so some might detour at some point. And we'll likely be pretty spaced out as well (in so many ways.... ) Best idea if you wanna catch us is to get to the hotel. We'll be there till around 10 in the morning and should all be back late afternoon on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by renmure View Post
    ... or the next
    I'm staying positive Jim, but a little negative reinforcement can go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
    O ye of little faith, my money’s on Andy!!!!
    Thank-you for the vote of confidence Robin.