Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decals & Sticker or not

Re: Decals & Sticker or not

John is right on his take of the organisers perspective. The Cotswold second home owners are mainly London based, and they don’t seem to be able to understand and comprehend that other people like to see and admire the attractive Villages and countryside in the areas that they inhabit at the weekends, which is what attracted them, the weekenders, there in the first place.

The organisers pointed out that they do inevitably get complaints from these individuals, ‘because we shouldn’t be there passing through their Villages’ on our tour, and that it is cars that stand out from the crowd that attract the attention and get wrongly complained about.

Most of these individuals do not know what a ‘Rally Car’ is, or even a Classic for that matter, all that seem to be interested in is how much has the FTSE moved overnight, or how much has the Euro exchange rate gone up.
    "Why make it easy when you can struggle"

Quote Originally Posted by Basher View Post
    Well That's all very good seems like I may just have to go with the gut feeling, just do what you wana do. as long as your on the right side of the law of course... If We all drove around in grey cars wouldn't the country be a boring place.
    After all we are keeping rallying History alive. that's my take on it Cheers Dave
    Dave. I think they are the right sort of thoughts - just go with your gut instinct mate!
    You can't please everyone all of the time, but you wil please all of us on this Forum with your finished example.....
    Cheers!
    Ade

SEC Member

The trouble with event organisers bowing down to stuff like this is that it then becomes expected behaviour. It's great that they do engage in PR, and taking note of valid problems (e.g. driving past someone's front door with 300 noisy cars at 3 in the morning), but stopping cars entering based on a livery?? Just tell these sour-faced types to draw the curtains....or stay in London an extra day!

driving past someone's front door with 300 noisy cars at 3 in the morning
    Norm - I remember doing this with Club rallies back in the day but it doesn't still happen does it ? If so I can understand the locals objecting ! We used to PR our event routes and if there were objections we used to re-route but I thought this type of club rallying (at night) finished a long time ago.
    Daytime events - even something as seemingly harmless as Club Treasure Hunts - would no doubt attract the same adverse reaction to the NIMBY objectors but my view would be as already commented - just go for it - we all pay our road tax (well most of us !)
    Last edited by Stratos Fear; 01-06-2022 at 11:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos Fear View Post
    I thought this type of club rallying (at night) finished a long time ago.
    Just to keep you up to speed on this issue, they still do happen, but there are certain arrears of the Country that are avoided for obvious reasons. A google search will show that Night Road Rallying is alive and well.

Competing cars are not allowed, under the rules to have decoration, and must conform to a low decibel reading.
    Last edited by Longtimefan; 01-06-2022 at 14:42. Reason: comment added
    "Why make it easy when you can struggle"

Thanks Robin - I didnt know they were still allowed - and no decoration ! - what does that mean ? Presumably this is the origin of the original objection to liveried cars ? - I still think it's pretty stupid but perhaps a little more understandable. Dont want to upset the civilians with blatant shows of competition on public roads.