Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Buxton Garage Day

Re: Buxton Garage Day

Thank you to Gordon for hosting a great garage day meet - bacon rolls were really good. The weather could have behaved better as could have Richards car ! It was good to meet up with everyone and chat with a lot of old friends and meet some new ones. Roll on next year.

SEC Member

Yep, a fun day for all concerned, and once again a massive Thanks to Gordon and Ruth for letting us come over and tramp dead leaves through their house...even more impressive seeing as Gordon's not got a Stratos anymore!

Well, I say "fun day for all", but maybe not so much for Richard, whose poor Ypsilon made a bid for freedom by rolling backwards down Gordon's road - but it was stopped by the intervention of a large tree. I think it was one of those wrong 'uns he's been barking up. Fair bit of damage to the car, but fortunately the tree won't be making an insurance claim. Still, suppose it's one way of getting your car chipped.

Great to meet everyone, and hopefully we'll see most of y'all again in a fortnight at the NEC. Plus some of you who're reading this!

Gordon. Just to add my thanks to what has already been written. Another great garage day event, so well hosted.
    So pleased that 3 Stratos made it out in such challenging weather.....you all deserve a medal!
    Cheers all!
    Ade

Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    Thanks to Gordon and Ruth for letting us come over and tramp dead leaves through their house...
    I was mindful of that.
    Thanks for everything Gordon, especially the bacon buttie!

Gordon, just to add my thanks to you for organising yesterday, it was great to see new faces, and to see Richard following his recent surgery which has worked dramatically. My commiserations to him about his little Rally car which gained some rallying patina during it?s unauthorised unmanned escapade.

Getting to you was different, I never expected ever, to have to use my rear fog light, but the pea souper over the top between Leek and Buxton proved their necessity, and much to my surprise the fog was still there when I returned home in the afternoon.

Robin.
    Last edited by Longtimefan; 31-10-2022 at 09:09.
    "Why make it easy when you can struggle"

Thank you Gordon for inviting us and to everyone for making us newbies so welcome. It was great to put faces to the names and attempt to absorb even more build tips.

Aaron & Bev

Thanks Gordon & Ruth, always good to catch up with everyone & realise you are not completely insane with the Stratos bug!!!
    Chin up Richard, just tell your rally mates it was an McRae moment with an over exuberant hand brake turn! Bit of T-cut will soon help.
    (my Beta looked al lot worse when it lost a fight with the Wrynose pass!)
    Cheers all.

It was good to meet up with everyone last Saturday. The rain on Saturday kept a few Strats at home but thanks to Steve, Robin and Neil.

I will hold next years garage day on Saturday 9th September 2023 and will get another post going soon. I did mention to everyone that we could make it a 2 day event with a stay at a local hotel on Saturday and following a drive on Sunday morning a visit to Peak Rail in Derbyshire for a steam train ride from Rowsley to Matlock. Let me know what you think about this.
    Here are a few photos.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	20282Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	20283Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	132.9 KB 
ID:	20284

Who can resist a weekend away and a ride on a steam train ?!

Sorry for the late reply on this one! Thanks Gordon for arranging another very enjoyable garage day. Bacon sandwiches as good as ever! Nice to catch up with everyone and meet some new faces.

I can only apologise for bringing down the tone of the neighbourhood - and almost bringing down a tree in the process! Further inspection revealed the newly fitted rear brake shoes don't seem to grip very well when rotated backwards... although perhaps their 'christening' competing on a single venue rally a couple of weeks ago didn't help matters...! Considering it's outings usually consist of it being hurled around in a forest/quarry/white road at 3am, it's a bit ironic that the first damage caused was when I wasn't even in the car...

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	20308

That'll teach me for not coming in the Stratos - I could have parked on the flat driveway! Seriously though, I'm very lucky there was a tree there to catch the car, before another car/house/pedestrian took the brunt instead.

Oh well - the boot floor will be rectified easily, there's no real structural damage (just the spare wheel well folded in a bit - the chassis legs are still straight!). I've already received a brand new OEM tailgate and rear bumper from Italy for less than 150EUR posted!! Much easier than trying to straighten out the old panels.

Looking forward to the next one already - in whatever form you decide to go with, Gordon! Either way, I'll be bringing my chock with me next time.

Name:	20221030_143606.jpg 
Size:	146.3 KB 
ID:	20305

Name:	20221030_143651.jpg 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	20306

Name:	20221109_222943[1].jpg 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	20307
    Last edited by ah_sprite; 10-11-2022 at 00:37.
    Richard C