Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goodwood Revival

Re: Goodwood Revival

Quote Originally Posted by LPH_UK View Post
    Wow.

The 250 SWB is pretty much my ultimate car. Much better looking than the 250 GTO.
    First Ferrari I ever went in was a 1963 250GTO around Aintree Race Circuit for 20 minutes (as a passenger) with the owner using the full track, lots of drifting and opposite lock and cone clipping. Unforgettable!

Guy

You were lucky Guy, I am very envious, all I ever got to do was a slow Dumper Truck ride around it whilst it was being built by Tarmac in the early 60's for whom I was working for, doing some setting out as a Junior Civil (very) Engineer. !!!

Robin.
    "Why make it easy when you can struggle"

It was a pleasure to take you and your wife round the track. You really were in the right place right time.​
    Clive is a great guy and very generous with his extensive collection of classic racing cars. He really has some good stuff.
    It was an honour to drive the SWB all weekend.
    Let's see what gets invited next year but as said before if I'm there with cars come a visit our pits.

To clarify I look after the 1961 250 SWB SEFAC HOT ROD Comp car. Owned by Rob Walker back in the day. Driven by Moss/Hill. (also look after the 166MM in the photos)
    Ross Brawn owns the 1960 250 SWB Semi Comp car sold to him by DK. Has corner bumpers, different side windows, vents, body shape etc.​

I did manage to get up alongside it on Sunday for about a third of a lap so there should be some good photos/video showing the differences.

Another story, my late Aunt lived in the same lane as Rob Walker so we knew him as a family when I was growing up. He came to my uncle's funeral.
    Before Rob passed away, I drove the SWB down to his house many times with journalists and photographers for magazine articles. He was a great guy that had plenty of time for a mechanic.

The owner always likes any of his ex Le Mans cars driven of the road to events rather than transport them. He wants people to see them, and we are always happy to take the driving duties.

Note the DK yellow and black 500TRC in photo on the grid. James from DK did a rather large wheelspin off the line and broke the axle! He made up for it by winning the Sussex trophy in his Tojeiro Jaguar and a Whitsun trophy 8th in his GT40.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20220918_124910.jpg   20220916_153440.jpg   20220916_160905.jpg   20220916_113814.jpg  
    Last edited by tomsredstratos; 22-09-2022 at 22:39.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRjhpdxFKGs

And here it is racing at the Goodwood TT in 1961. Rob Walker with Moss on the podium.