Thread: Hawk Part Built Kit (Possibly) For Sale

Hawk Part Built Kit (Possibly) For Sale

Having just moved home to a place with a double garage health issues mean I'm struggling to work on cars at the moment although physiotherapy may change this. I hope. This means I'm contemplating the sale of my second Stratos kit and I have a viewing being arranged this week, thanks to John Griffin, a potential buyer is travelling up from Cornwall to Liverpool to view.

The kit is a Round Arch Group 4 and it's fitted with an Alfa 3.0 V6 12v that has been rebuilt by Howard at Allitalia in Wrexham. The SORN'd "G" plate donor Alfa Romeo 164 V5 and chassis plates are included. The gearbox has been fitted with a Q2/Quaife limited slip differential. It's at a rolling chassis stage except there's no steering wheel attached to the rack. Suspension is Hawk with Gaz shocks, it's on coffin spokes (which are not usable) and 345 and 225 tyres. A new set of Gp4 coffin spokes are with the kit. All brake components are new consisting of 164 discs, calliper carriers and callipers at the front and similar 156 components at the rear. All the lights are there bar one pair for the quad lamp pod. This list of other components is too long to list here! All the Hawk options are present but there are minor parts needed and also paint, exhaust, seats, tyres and anti roll bars to be bought.

Serious enquiries only please.

Guy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 312673622_3006839222948587_502847599031615619_n.jpg   311070127_389177926686468_2050685699278962019_n.jpg  
    Last edited by Guy Mayers; 15-11-2022 at 10:27.

SEC Member

Re: Hawk Part Built Kit (Possibly) For Sale

Good luck with it, Guy, altho I have to say it looks kind of odd not sat on top of the other one.... it'll be a great place to start from for someone. And no, I don't mean Formby

Yeah, it's a little odd not having it on top of the other one but there's just not enough height in the new garage so they had to live side by side. The kit is a good starting place for someone, with the horrible waiting lists it's also a good opportunity to get ahead of the game. The only issue for some potential buyers is the export cost aspect that may increase costs. Thank you Brexit. Not.

SEC Member

But the counter-argument is that if you want one, where else you gonna go? Several (OK, most!) people asked me about prices etc. but were a bit shocked at the unavailability (LB) or waiting time (Hawk), so I mentioned Magnar's car in Norway and the thought of the extra taxes kinda killed it, even the Swedish guy (sorry, can't remember your name if you're reading this!) who wants one desperately. I'd be amazed if you can't sell it in the UK very quickly.

Four seriously interested parties and sold to Matt who was the first to view with his mate Dave who is a serial kit car builder/owner.

Thanks to everyone for your enquiries.

Guy

SEC Member

Great news Guy, and perfectly illustrates the proposition that the buyers are out there. Did someone mention "recession"....?

Excellent news, Beta time soon? Stratos 2 looked full of potential to me and of course beautifully screwed together. I understand having to be realistic about build time etc , I have only managed 7hrs in the last 5 weeks .

Onwards & upwards!

Collection of the kit might not happen for a few months Tim but yes, the search for the right Beta will be starting in the New Year...