Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello all

SEC Member

Re: Hello all

You never know, you might come across a part-built kit if you keep looking - it does happen! Fingers etc. crossed....

There is a man in Hebden Bridge who I saw last summer who says he still wants to sell his race prepped Corse I that has not run for a number of years.

Take a look at post #13
    https://www.stratosec.com/Forum/show...ghlight=hebden

Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    You never know, you might come across a part-built kit if you keep looking - it does happen! Fingers etc. crossed....
    I'm going to create an account and start looking. I mean at this point if I find something in 3 years or less I'm ahead of the game!

Quote Originally Posted by hollytree View Post
    There is a man in Hebden Bridge who I saw last summer who says he still wants to sell his race prepped Corse I that has not run for a number of years.

Take a look at post #13
    https://www.stratosec.com/Forum/show...ghlight=hebden
    Thank you, I'd rather get something set up for the Alfa engine, I have a lot of experience with it and I'd imagine getting parts for that engine here in the states to be troublesome at a minimum. Out of curiosity do you know what he was asking?

Well done Tom, see you now are a fully paid up member, proper welcome to the organisation. You could be online for a long time looking through the Super Strings.

Robin
    "Why make it easy when you can struggle"

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
    Thank you, I'd rather get something set up for the Alfa engine, I have a lot of experience with it and I'd imagine getting parts for that engine here in the states to be troublesome at a minimum. Out of curiosity do you know what he was asking?
    I went and saw it after him telling me at Hebden Bridge show he was going to sell it.
    He showed me the car and the engine plus spare standard engine and gearbox.
    Showed me spare panel molds, suspension spacers for different setups (gravel or tarmac), spare wheels etc etc.
    Spent an hour or so on all this.
    I then said "so how much". His answer was "I will put it back together for road use and then get Craig to sell it for me". On the basis the tuned engine and sequential box is too much for normal use.
    I said "I will take it off you as it sits" and he was going to think and call
    That was 5 months ago and not a peep.

Quote Originally Posted by hollytree View Post
    I went and saw it after him telling me at Hebden Bridge show he was going to sell it.
    He showed me the car and the engine plus spare standard engine and gearbox.
    Showed me spare panel molds, suspension spacers for different setups (gravel or tarmac), spare wheels etc etc.
    Spent an hour or so on all this.
    I then said "so how much". His answer was "I will put it back together for road use and then get Craig to sell it for me". On the basis the tuned engine and sequential box is too much for normal use.
    I said "I will take it off you as it sits" and he was going to think and call
    That was 5 months ago and not a peep.
    Hmm, sounds like someone who maybe changed their mind. For me I'm looking to build a road car, so it sounds like too much for me, unless it was a killer deal. Sounds like that is an unknown at best.

SEC Member

Steve doesn't do anything quickly.
    He invested a lot of thought time and money into that car.
    I realize that the biggest appeal for Stratos replica buyers is a nice road going example to trail around the shows or even just go off for the weekend, but that car was built for competition and its MSA logbook was hard won.
    It would be a real shame for it not to be used in competition again.

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Steve doesn't do anything quickly.
    He invested a lot of thought time and money into that car.
    I realize that the biggest appeal for Stratos replica buyers is a nice road going example to trail around the shows or even just go off for the weekend, but that car was built for competition and its MSA logbook was hard won.
    It would be a real shame for it not to be used in competition again.
    I agree I wouldn't want to do that to a provenanced race car unless it was just totally stripped down and I was buying a bucket of parts and a frame. Don't get me wrong I will drive the wheels off mine, but on the road and maybe for a track day. No intention of rally or any sort of real competition. I already have a race car I am way too neck deep into to let it sit for another.

The guy i was with wanted a car he could just get in and drive, If I could have sorted a deal where he bought mine and I took the Hebden Bridge car and bits (with maybe me paying some money but taking all the risk), I think I would have done it. But the conversation just stopped.
    Last edited by hollytree; 14-02-2023 at 21:00.