Thread: A New Friend

A New Friend

Last weekend Stratos2 went (further) North to Matt Oakley and Beta7 got to come in from the cold!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 253C210C-AE54-44DE-A675-1F24AF7DBF8B.jpg   2F966669-8A0F-4808-91FB-EB39FC166050.jpg  

Re: A New Friend

She's coming apart slowly and I'm collecting the missing pieces of this jigsaw. I have no timetable to get it back on the road, just want to do it once and do it right so the shell, once it's stripped of everything, will go for paint removal, priming and bodywork repair followed by an E Coating (electrical charged dipping in a tank of paint to ensure every surface is fully covered) and rebuild.

SEC Member

That sounds good Guy. I dont think the originals were e-coated so that should be a big improvement. Can I ask who you are planning to use for the ecoat. There cant be many tanks of that size around and the investment in paint alone to fill it must be massive.

Peter

Nice, 1 is obviously not enough

Quote Originally Posted by Stableblock View Post
    That sounds good Guy. I dont think the originals were e-coated so that should be a big improvement. Can I ask who you are planning to use for the ecoat. There cant be many tanks of that size around and the investment in paint alone to fill it must be massive.

Peter
    The plan was to use a company in Preston but they've just stopped doing it. The next company is in Tamworth. I need to make contact with them soon. The fuel tank, fuel lines, rear suspension, front subframe, gearbox, engine block & suspension plus steering, dash and wiring looms are all that need to come out now. Probably a couple of days work for me if everything isn't rusted solid. To be fair, that's 4 big bolts on front subframe, four on the back and four on each suspension tower mainly. Then I'll need to make a transport jig locating on the rear subframe positions and the rear pair of the front subframe mounts.

Guy

Quote Originally Posted by sean999r View Post
    Nice, 1 is obviously not enough
    Well for me 2 Stratos was too much. Unfortunately for me the garage isn't big enough to accommodate the Alfa 159 and the Fiat Panda. So they will have to carry on living outside for now.