Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Northern Run - Damson Dene Hotel, Lake District, Fri & Sat, 11th & 12th August 2023

SEC Member

Northern Run - Damson Dene Hotel, Lake District, Fri & Sat, 11th & 12th August 2023

Laydeez and Gennelmens,

It is with great pleasure, and not a little relief, that I proudly announce this year's Northern Run, which will be based at the Damson Dene Hotel, in the depths of the Lyth Valley and not far from Windermere, on Fri 11th and Sat 12th of August....pleasure cos it's a nice place and we had a good time last time we stayed in 2017, and relief cos we managed to get a good deal!

Cost for both nights an a dinner, bed and brekky basis will be ?380 per room, and ?250 for single occupancy. To book, call Reception on 015395 68676 and say you're with the STRATOS group. They'll take your card details, but won't debit it till the day before the do. I've grabbed 10 rooms for us, and although more are currently available, that can't be guaranteed the later it gets, so if you wanna come, don't leave it too long or you could be kipping in the car park with a takeaway and spreading yer greasy hands and faces on the windows, watching the rest of us having a good time in the bar

The hotel has a swimming pool and a spa (that's the water-based thingy, not a supermarket) for those who like to make a splash, so bring yer swimming cozzy. But don't let anyone see you wearing it unless you wanna ruin peeps' weekend.

Anyhow, it's the usual format - book a room, post on here that you're going so I know as well, and then there'll be a drive-out somewhere or other on the Saturday before we check out and head home on the Sunday. And who knows, you might even enjoy it as well.

Be There Or Be Square, or something along those lines

The Norm

Oh, and P.S. - doesn't matter what car you come in, it doesn't have to be a Strat. Or a car, come to think of it, but it'll be a bloody long walk....
    Last edited by Normb666; 09-04-2023 at 16:41. Reason: Getting the sodding dates right :)

Re: Northern Run - Damson Dene Hotel, Lake District, Fri & Sat, 11th & 12th August 2023

Bugger !............ sorry Norm we are on holiday

Re: Northern Run - Damson Dene Hotel, Lake District, Fri & Sat, 11th & 12th August 2023

I will start the ball rolling, reservation made. We are both looking forward to our Norm tour of the Lake District.

David

SEC Member

Good man, David! Not like that turncoat Phil.

Actually, you saying you're first to book has just made me realise that although I sorted out the hotel reservations etc, I forgot to actually book myself a room....durrrr!!

All booked in. We’re looking forward to another great long weekend away - and hopefully the car won’t break down this time !

We shall be with you, Norm, et al

Robin & Carol.
    "Why make it easy when you can struggle"

All booked Norm, looking forward to it.

Dave

Deb & I booked on. Looking forward to catching up with everyone and the run out. Thanks for organising.
    All the best

For those members that are joining our esteemed Chairman on his visit and tour of the nether regions of Cumbria for this Weekend, i thought i would bring to your attention an event that is taking place close by on 13th August that may be of interest.

This is a gathering called “Classics over Sands” to be held on the playing fields in Grange-over-Sands, a small pleasant Town about 20mins drive from our Hotel, on the edge off and overlooking Morecambe Bay. I have an affinity with this town, having spent time there during the War to escape the bombing in Manchester, and built a number of prominent houses there in a former life, so will be taking a look.

The link to the event for further information is https://classicsoversands.org/
    Last edited by Longtimefan; 10-05-2023 at 11:19.
    "Why make it easy when you can struggle"

SEC Member

Well that looks like Sunday's activities taken care of....cheers, Robin

Grange is a really nice place on the banks of Morecambe Bay, at the estuary of the River Kent, and worth a look. And if you don't fancy the car do but feel like a walk instead, you can cross the channel over to Arnside, although it might be a good idea to do that with the guide so you don't end up becoming a victim of the quicksand and never being seen again....actually, I might suggest that to a few people I know