Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Historic Rally Festival 2023

Historic Rally Festival 2023

Looks interesting if you enjoyed the Group B Rally Cars. I am looking to do the camping at Weston Park if anyone else is interested.
    Hello,

Would you like to get your Car Club involved, in a very fitting event for motorsport fans especially!!
    Wind down with friends, free overnight camping!!

The Historic Rally Festival will take place on 30th Sept / 1st Oct based at Weston Park. It is a high speed rallying demonstration event sanctioned by the MSUK and will feature Rally Cars from the 1960?s to 2009 including the infamous banned Group B machines.
    Hatton Court is situated 8 miles South from Weston Park and will be used for the Saturday 30th only. This will feature the Ceremonial Start, which will then see the cars blast straight into Stage 1.
    There will be full commentary throughout the day, with Special Guest interviews.
    Cars & Car Clubs will be in the heart of the only spectator area, offering views of the house, 90 degree bends etc. Once spectators are in they are at the venue until after the 1st pair of stages are complete, where we will have 20min window for them to leave / arrive etc, the crews will also be entering the spectator area whilst the stage direction is changed around.

Weston Park
    Car & Car Clubs have a bigger area this year and will be situated where the house hairpin is.
    Saturday Night stages in twilight and dusk and action all day Sunday.
    Live Commentary & Guest Interviews.
    Food & Drink, Live Music & Fireworks Saturday evening.
    Free Camping Saturday Night for show participants at Weston Park.
    Meet & Greet the competing Crews Sunday only.
    Service Area will be also located in the Granary Car Park, new for 2023.
    Motorsport Zone, new for 2023.
    So what else will be on;
    Fun Fair, Trade Stands, Motorsport Exhibitors Area, Car Clubs, Food Courts, Arts & Crafts, Kids Zone and more.
    The event will feature 4 daytime stages and Ceremonial Start at Hatton Court, with 2 stages Saturday Evening and a further 6 throughout the day on Sunday at Weston Park, the event is based on cars from the 1960?s to 2009.

Weston Park will feature fantastic views of the stages including hairpin bends and the infamous Water-splash, as well as being in the heart of the spectator area.

Hatton Court Saturday only ?15.00 Car & Driver

Weston Park Sunday only ?15.00 Car & Driver
    Both Days ?25.00 Car & Driver
    Additional passengers 1 day ?15.00 each passenger
    Both days ?25.00 each passenger
    U16's go free.

Whether single car exhibits to unlimited member cars, all are welcome. You must book in, in advance or you will be parked in the spectator car park. To book with us simply complete the link , you can pay BACS upon request or Cheque, please note all payments must be made to Fox Motorsport Events and not Weston Park. Simply complete the link below; note car clubs every member must complete the form!!
    http://www.historicrallyfestival.com/site/car-club-booking-form-2023
    Contact; foxmotorsportevents@gmail.com for any questions you may have.
    Last edited by Neil63; 01-06-2023 at 11:01.

Re: Historic Rally Festival 2023

I have contacted the organisers in relation to the camping arrangements as I was concerned that I wouldn't get much gear in the boot of the Stratos and my son is driving from London to join me for the weekend.
    We would be allowed non display cars in the club area so long as they are booked in as car and driver, otherwise they will be directed to the general spectator area. Camping is 250yds from where we will be spectating at Weston Park

I have booked under the Stratosec Club name

Should be a great event

Hope to see a few of you there.

I should be doing the event in my Strat.
    Assume Mel will be too.

I have had a follow up chat with the organiser Darren, detail attached. If the link does not work, the one in the first post which includes all the finer detail does.

For the form Use all your own detail.
    Club = Stratosec.
    Club Description = Stratos Enthusiasts Club

If you are attending to could you let me know please so I can keep a track of numbers.

Email from Darren

Hi Neil,

Many Thanks for your email.

I've no issue at all making you my point of contact, thanks for offering it makes my life way easier lol.
    4 that is great, im hoping Paul Jeffries and a couple more maybe coming, I've invited Mel Lewis and John & Carol Butterfield also.

I need the guys to return this form please;
    http://www.historicrallyfestival.com/site/car-club-booking-form-2023

You will have a good spot to help celebrate the 50th anniversary year of the Stratos.

I have to have the form completed for every member attending as the way to the show is shared with the spectator entrance, I issue a unique pass which gets you to where we are located.
    If they dont complete the form they will be directed to the spectator car park and there is nothing I can do to get them out sadly.

Last edited by Neil63; 26-07-2023 at 09:56.

Final call for the club infield Stratos 50 celebrations at Weston Park on the Saturday. looks to be a great event particularly if you like rallying and the Group 4 / B era. Use the links in the earlier post and let me know if your planning to attend. Sat night should be very special with the cars running through in the twilight followed by firework display and full party atmosphere for those who are camping the night.
    The event continues on the Sunday as well so plenty of opportunity to enjoy the event.
    Checkout the “historic rally festival” Facebook page for entry list
    http://www.historicrallyfestival.com/site/entrants
    Last edited by Neil63; 30-08-2023 at 22:41.

I hope to join on one of the days. I don't know if I'll have the Stratos by then though, so I'd better book independently - unless the club doesn't mind me bringing an 037.

037 sounds great to me. Let me know if you book on as per details in earlier posts ��

Okay - I've booked in for the Sunday using the club details as above.
    Thanks,
    Justin.

Justin, That’s great, look forward to meeting up with you. I have sent you a pm on a different matter.
    All the best
    Neil

Latest update
    http://www.historicrallyfestival.com/site/latest-news
    Ticket sales close this Friday.
    Currently we have 7 members / cars attending.