Thread: Malvern National Kit Car Show 2023

Malvern National Kit Car Show 2023

The show was in a fantastic location for the scenery. There was a good turn out of Westfields and Cobra's plus handfuls of other marques on the Saturday. Around a dozen kit manufacturers and a similar amount of parts suppliers were in a single hall. Parking, toilets, camping and food facilities were all very good. Although the show is a shadow of it's former self it was very enjoyable and Bev was delighted with her wedding anniversary day out !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230603_131534 - small.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	21287
    Last edited by Azzo42; 07-06-2023 at 14:46.

Re: Malvern National Kit Car Show 2023

It was a pretty busy show for us too with some good enquiries and people added to Gerry's waiting list to pay a deposit... Some equally unhappy people who wanted a kit but were amazed at the waiting time. Some familiar faces obviously but some new ones and the club stands were also busy. Accommodation in Malvern not up to the standard of Stoneleigh but the Premier Inn was all we could find that was "reasonable". We ate out one evening at the Nags Head up on the hill, North end, highly recommended!
    Sunday was spent at my sisters house about a mile from the show ground and the run home on Monday was better than the run South, motorways avoided bar a short stretch on the M56 each way.

Guy

I'm curious to know what the quoted wait time is now.
    I just hope that the wait time that I was quoted when I put in a deposit is still accurate.

Which manufacturer did you order from and when is it due? If you send an email to Gerry or Craig six months before due date they should be able to give you an indication of how current production is going vs timetables.
    Guy

I placed an order with Gerry. At the time, it was 20 to 24 months. I'm hopefully at 8 to 12 months now.

Gerry's been very easy to communicate with for questions, but hasn't given me any confirmation on the delivery timeframe.
    I think the response to my question about delivery date was something like "working to quality, not time". I'm OK with that.

I hoping to have a project in my garage next summer. I've got the engine and gearbox, and several bins of full of bits and pieces already.

Jeff