Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nitron Dampers

Nitron Dampers

Chaps

Please take a look at the dampers from Nitron in my gallery.
    Rears are designed by me and fronts are standard units.
    Rears have adjustable camber plates to cater for various tyre options and as well as adjustable platforms
    they also have adjustbale body heights which is a great feature. Front and rears are two way adjustables with remote canisters

Ride heights are designed for Hill climb car at just over 5".

Also I now have a complete CAD mdoel of the chassis and suspension. When I have a bit more time I will be taking a good look at the suspension geometry and probably tweaking pickup points on the car.

If I can help with any info let me know.

Plan for the future is also revised alloy rear upright, new front hubs and new proper group 4 wheels studs front and rear. Just a start but enough to do as it is!

Cheers

Graham

Re: Nitron Dampers

Any chance of an Autocad dwg or dxf file of the chassis? This would be very useful for fabricating parts.

Very nice Graham, thanks for sharing, your damper units look superb. I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts on the current suspension geometry and what you eventually come up with as an alternative for your particular application.

I know it's still early days but have you got a colour scheme for the body in mind?

Vince.
    "In the beginning I looked around but couldn't find the car I dreamed of, so I decided to build it myself." - Dr. Ing. h.c. Ferry Porsche

www.lancia-stratos.co.uk

Transformer/Hawk HF3000 - Chassis: 1988 Spyder #045 - Engine: Alfa 166 3.0L 24v V6 - ECU: Omex 710 - Exhaust: Simpson - Tyres: Michelin TB15's / Pirelli P7 Corsa - Wheels: Hawk Compomotive.

Nitrons!...

So some of us can keep up with Elises?

Hi Vince

No not decied on colour yet, thats as some know can be the most difficult decision of the build. Can you recommend a good painter for GRP and soemone whos good at stripes? also is you simpson exhaust stainless? Could they build the same for me or do you own the design for it? would like an idea of cost if your OK with that, email me privately.

Thanks

Hi, dwg and dxf are 2d drawing file formats and would be of no real use to you. I'm happy to provide these but they will not be fully dimensioned and difficult to create 3d fab parts from.

Hi Graham,

What CAD system are you using, I'll see of the native format will import. I'm using Full Autocad 2011 (not LT) so 3d is not a problem.

Hi I'm using Catia, Think I can export IGES or STEP which is 3D data. any use?

Hi Graham

I've been told that Acad 2012 will import these files. I'm running 2011 but I have the 2012 update so this gives me good reason to install it and have go!
    If you could send both file types I'll see if it works. I've not come across Catia before.

Cheers
    Brent.

Hi Brent

Will send both file types to try, may be a few days till i can sort as just had knee surgery so laid up a bit.

Thanks

Graham