Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gerry Hawkridge

SEC Member

Re: Gerry Hawkridge

Bloody L Guy, don't say "curtains" for Gerry....!

Anyone bothered to send anything from the club ???
    Welsh piloti rally sono i migliori del mondo

SEC Member

I think we'd need a few more details before we did that....plenty of people from on here go into hospital, but we don't automatically deluge them with flowers, cards or Tamiya Stratos kits.

What would you like us to send him, anyway? If it's best wishes and get well soon, I think enough members have already done that.

I saw him last night before I headed for home. He is much improved and has been inundated with cards and visitors over the last few weeks. Whilst he remains weak through lack of movement he is now able to get himself out of bed (under supervision from nurses so he doesn't fall again) his appetite is returning and his speech is back to normal. ie nobody can get a word in edgeways... His memory is not back 100% but it is getting there, just the odd name/place he struggles with and the events of the evening he fell. It'll come back but we don't expect him back at work for a while yet.

Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mayers View Post
    I saw him last night before I headed for home. He is much improved and has been inundated with cards and visitors over the last few weeks. Whilst he remains weak through lack of movement he is now able to get himself out of bed (under supervision from nurses so he doesn't fall again) his appetite is returning and his speech is back to normal. ie nobody can get a word in edgeways... His memory is not back 100% but it is getting there, just the odd name/place he struggles with and the events of the evening he fell. It'll come back but we don't expect him back at work for a while yet.

Guy
    That's all great news Guy,
    Being in hospital is bewildering at the best of times, so Gerry can be forgiven for being a bit below par.

Gerry on 50% memory is still 100% more than most of us! Great news

SEC Member

Good news Guy. Thanks for the update and no doubt we all hope he continues his recovery in his own time.

Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    I think we'd need a few more details before we did that....plenty of people from on here go into hospital, but we don't automatically deluge them with flowers, cards or Tamiya Stratos kits.

What would you like us to send him, anyway? If it's best wishes and get well soon, I think enough members have already done that.
    Trouble is Norm not everyone put their hand in their pocket to start this club up ????

Or has this become the LB club now ?
    Welsh piloti rally sono i migliori del mondo

SEC Member

Well that's quite true, because most members only joined after 2011 when it was started. And it's probably unreasonable to expect them to go back in time and start paying subs to a club they've not joined yet. Which is just me being humorous, but I genuinely don't understand what you mean....

As for this being the LB club, you know very well that all enthusiasts of the Stratos are welcome here, whichever car they have or even if they've not got one at all - and I'll soon be included in that latter category. If there are more LB owners contributing to the forum than anyone else, that's simply the way things are at the moment, and in the future we may have a sudden glut of posts from Allora fans, who knows?

I reiterate, however, that all here surely wish Gerry the best, and hope he makes a good recovery soon.

To update everyone, Gerry continues to make good progress but is still in Pembury hospital. He's able to move about on his own now, with and without a Zimmer for support. The medical team are assessing release to home plans soon. There may be short term help needed to stop him going back to the workshop though! In the meantime I'm trying to help as much as I can and Gren is also around some of the time, John O'Gorman is the man in the area though! I'm back a week on Sunday for a week to supervise the dispatch of two kit and the arrival of two more for next month's deliveries. I don't know how Gerry managed it all.
    Guy