Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decals

Decals

Hi.
    Just wondered if anyone knows of a source of decals?
    I'm after the ones that go on the rear - the blue 'Lancia HF' and the 'Strato's' ones to be specific.
    I've just bought a Stratos, but after having some bodywork done, some of the decals are now missing.

Thanks,
    Justin.

Re: Decals

Try prototipo, AKA hris jarvis on here.
    I guess LB and Hawk can supply; I think I got mine from Omicron.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCar6 View Post
    Try prototipo, AKA hris jarvis on here.
    I guess LB and Hawk can supply; I think I got mine from Omicron.
    Thanks - that's really helpful. I didn't think of Omicron to be honest.

I'll post some pics of the car once I actually get my hands on it. It's currently in Italy, so will be imported in the next week or two. It's a gr4 from 1975.

Thanks again.
    Justin.

The red one with white wheels?

If it is then, wow!

You have a real one, I've only got a pretend one......
    Last edited by LPH_UK; 26-08-2023 at 23:53.

I'll post some pics of the car once I actually get my hands on it.
    Hi Justin - glad to see you found an original car - we'll look forward to seeing pics of it. This should be a great addition to your amazing collection

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by LPH_UK View Post
    The red one with white wheels?

If it is then, wow!

You have a real one, I've only got a pretend one......

Hi - yes, it's the one that Girardo & Co. currently have listed. I was actually after a stradale, but liked the look of this one and couldn't find a stradale. Once I get it - I'd be happy for anyone to call in to have a look at it (I'm close to Hereford). I'm not going to hide it away, and am planning to use it in at least some of the Midland Hillclimb championship next year. Just for fun though - I certainly won't be pushing it - I'm not a good enough driver (have to be realistic).

Did any of you guys go to the Lancia National Rally last month? There were plenty of hawk and LB cars there for the 50th anniversary. I have to say, the replica cars looked fantastic and are a credit to their owners and builders. I'm sure that most are better put together than a stradale.

Anyway - thanks for the replies. I'll join the group properly and post updates as and when.

Cheers,
    Justin.

SEC Member

Justin, congrats on your new acquisition! Hope you have lots of fun with it!

As you'll have noticed, we're not over-endowed on here with "genuine" cars - but don't worry, we're not proud or stand-offish, and we won't look down on you for having one As it happens, and just to prove it, I've got a spare pair of those foil-type "LANCIA HF" and "STRATO'S" stickers, which you can have for the princely sum of....nowt I originally got them for my ListerBell, but got cold feet on applying them when it occurred to me that it wouldn't be fair to LB not to give them credit for the wonderful car they produce. So PM me with your address and I'll post them over, assuming you've not already acquired some!

Actually, now I think about it, maybe there IS a price for them - you have to bring your car along to one of our events, whether it's a garage day or one of the drive-outs we put together....

And if you need more decals Justin, try 'Renmuir' - Jim has loads so probably has some extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    Justin, congrats on your new acquisition! Hope you have lots of fun with it!

As you'll have noticed, we're not over-endowed on here with "genuine" cars - but don't worry, we're not proud or stand-offish, and we won't look down on you for having one As it happens, and just to prove it, I've got a spare pair of those foil-type "LANCIA HF" and "STRATO'S" stickers, which you can have for the princely sum of....nowt I originally got them for my ListerBell, but got cold feet on applying them when it occurred to me that it wouldn't be fair to LB not to give them credit for the wonderful car they produce. So PM me with your address and I'll post them over, assuming you've not already acquired some!

Actually, now I think about it, maybe there IS a price for them - you have to bring your car along to one of our events, whether it's a garage day or one of the drive-outs we put together....
    Thanks Norm.

I'll hopefully be driving the car to as many events as possible and would love to come along to a group meet. To be honest, I need to go through the forum to catch up on what's been happening.

I'm the LMC meeting co-ordinator for the Hereford/Worcester/Gloucester area, so if there are any members here who would fancy coming along to a meet - please let me know and I'll add you to my circulation list. You don't have to be a Lancia club member or need to bring a Lancia.

Thanks,
    Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCar6 View Post
    And if you need more decals Justin, try 'Renmuir' - Jim has loads so probably has some extra.
    Thanks Chris - I'd like to put a few back on that were removed for the recent bodywork. The 'Bertone' on each side, and maybe a decent sized 'Lancia' and 'Strato's' on the back.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	21824

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	21825

I'm not really keen on its current livery - but I guess its part of the history. I love the colour though.

It was even re-done as Alitalia in 2006:

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	21826

I think they look nice with a big 'HF' and an Italian flag on the front of the door - but I don't want to get carried away.