Thread: Northern Run - Coast & Castles at the White Swan Hotel, Alnwick, Friday 6th & Saturday 7th September 2024

SEC Member

Northern Run - Coast & Castles at the White Swan Hotel, Alnwick, Friday 6th & Saturday 7th September 2024

Righto, you lot, I know you've all been waiting with bated breath for news on the Northern Gig. Or I hope you have.... !

I've managed to secure rooms in the above-mentioned hotel for us, at a cost of ?350 per room for 2 sharing, for 2 nights on a dinner, bed and brekky basis. Same room on a sole occupancy basis is ?265. Deposit will be ?50 per person at time of booking, so ?100 if there's 2 of ya. They'll expect full payment a month before the event and if there are any probs at our or your end, there are no refunds!
    They have their own car park round the back, accessible via a ramp. Bar is cashless so don't forget your cards!

Got an idea for a route incorporating coast, castles and moors so it should be a good 'un. Alnwick is a great town with lots of shops etc, and of course there's the famous castle if you want to live out your Harry Potter fantasies (and innumerable other films). The thing of note about the hotel is the dining room, which incorporates all the wood panelling from the RMS Olympic, Titanic's sister ship, which was purchased upon the scrapping of said ship and the hotel altered to suit its fitting. It's quite the thing, and there's also the Grand Staircase up to the first floor....

To get on board (ho, ho) this Most Excellent Extravaganza, call Reception on 01665 602109 and tell them you're with the Stratos group, or the Briers gang, or you could even quote the code BK92766. And don't forget to update this thread so I know who's going!

More info as things progress, but that should do for now....

Cheers!

Norm

Re: Northern Run - Coast & Castles at the White Swan Hotel, Alnwick, Friday 6th & Saturday 7th September 2024

I'll start it off Norm

Lady Helen of Nottingham and myself are booked in........ eventually spoke to Diane who was very helpful

Thanks for organising

SEC Member

Re: Northern Run - Coast & Castles at the White Swan Hotel, Alnwick, Friday 6th & Saturday 7th September 2024

Cheers Phil - looks like I'll have someone to talk to after all!

Pat has just been in touch with the hotel today, Diane is the contact for our group booking, she is not in the office until Friday this week. So anyone wishing to book Friday will be a good day.

David

SEC Member

It was Diane who's the hotel's group booking person and set us up, but she said we should just ring reception.....but if they're getting all confused then let's play safe and book via her!

David, ta for the info

Spoke to Diane today room booked, that makes us six two more people to talk to. Diane is going to brief reception so that they can deal with the bookings.

David

Two more now today.
    "Why make it easy when you can struggle"

All booked in Norm, looking forward to it

SEC Member

This is sounding so good I might have to book in meself.....