Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: National Kit Car Show 2024 - will the Stratos Enthusiasts Club be there?

Re: National Kit Car Show 2024 - will the Stratos Enthusiasts Club be there?

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Confused now. At post 4 Mr Post room says he's popping over to the show in his White LB.
    Does he have 2? Or did he forget he has Alitalia livery?
    Thanks John,
    Yes, that's the same reason I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by STR_Strat View Post
    Yep I was looking out for a white one, I guess technically it is white with some green and red stripes
    Dave.
    That's a bit like describing your car as white with some blue and red stripes and a couple of lights, rather than a fabulous Martini liveried car.
    Regards
    Steve
    Last edited by hollytree; 07-06-2024 at 07:56.

SEC Member

Ah well. If our pal Darkspeed doesn't understand English (maybe they don't speak it in "freeuservile baby" where he seems to have moved to, or perhaps some of the words are too big), then there's no point continuing to try to explain what everyone else seems to accept - i.e. an enterprise that costs money to run, can't continue without some sort of funding (in our case that's the members) - so if you use that product, you should at some point pay for it. Maybe he can try using Netflix or Amazon without paying, and see what they say....think we all know which way that'd go
    At least he seems to have run out of excuses to not pay and try to insult us all ("the club's not worth it", etc), as the concept can't be argued against, so hopefully that's the last we'll hear from him.

So. Now that's all done and the club's stance established, maybe we can get back to the usual Stratos stuff!

SEC Member

Talking of locations, are you in Greenhead as in Brampton? Lovely area.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    Ah well. If our pal Darkspeed doesn't understand English (maybe they don't speak it in "freeuservile baby" where he seems to have moved to, or perhaps some of the words are too big), then there's no point continuing to try to explain what everyone else seems to accept - i.e. an enterprise that costs money to run, can't continue without some sort of funding (in our case that's the members) - so if you use that product, you should at some point pay for it. Maybe he can try using Netflix or Amazon without paying, and see what they say....think we all know which way that'd go
    At least he seems to have run out of excuses to not pay and try to insult us all ("the club's not worth it", etc), as the concept can't be argued against, so hopefully that's the last we'll hear from him.

So. Now that's all done and the club's stance established, maybe we can get back to the usual Stratos stuff!

LMAO - You still at this. Resorting to name calling.... Sad.

SEC Member

John - we're just off the A69 about a mile from Greenhead. Great place, very near Hadrian's Wall and a coupla miles from Haltwhistle. Weird thing is that although we're in Northumberland, the postcode is a Carlisle one, hence our addy says Brampton....go figure!

Darkspeed, mate, it's YOU who's still at it. You don't get the idea that the guy who's in charge of the company is asking you to cough up for the product, having had a very generous trial period, and all you now seem able to do is talk rubbish and argue like a 5-year-old. So it's time to say bye-bye.....

SEC Member

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Confused now. At post 4 Mr Post room says he's popping over to the show in his White LB.
    Does he have 2? Or did he forget he has Alitalia livery?
    Sorry, didn't think about the stripes, it says white on the insurance doc but that's not much of an excuse. ;-)

I thought that there were areas of the forum not available to people who had not paid their subscriptions? Has that changed? if not we need to revert to that set up which will stop all this bickering! There has to be an incentive to join the club surely!
    Guy

Well it's taken a week to get back from Malvern via Gerry's and a BetaBoyz open day with the car loaded down. The Alfa that is as some of the visitors realised that my Stratos was conspicuous by it's absence! It may make it to Newark later in the year.

Impressions of the show this year was that it was a huge improvement over previous years in terms of visitor numbers and club attendance outside over last year. From a manufacturer point of view there were very few serious enquiries so we're fortunate that Hawk still has a full order book. The hall was full with only one vacant spot that was filled each day with a volunteer dragged in from outside. There were the usual tool stands taking up space etc but the show wasn't as good as Stoneleigh on a good year by a long stretch of the imagination. Hopefully there were enough people there to make a re-run next year happen.

Entry to the show was free to kit car drivers but ?15 for passengers. The club stand was free, the cost to the club would be hiring the marquee but that's a luxury. There's plenty of cover indoors when it gets too sunny!

Hope to see you all there next year.

Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mayers View Post
    Well it's taken a week to get back from Malvern via Gerry's and a BetaBoyz open day with the car loaded down. The Alfa that is as some of the visitors realised that my Stratos was conspicuous by it's absence! It may make it to Newark later in the year.

Impressions of the show this year was that it was a huge improvement over previous years in terms of visitor numbers and club attendance outside over last year. From a manufacturer point of view there were very few serious enquiries so we're fortunate that Hawk still has a full order book. The hall was full with only one vacant spot that was filled each day with a volunteer dragged in from outside. There were the usual tool stands taking up space etc but the show wasn't as good as Stoneleigh on a good year by a long stretch of the imagination. Hopefully there were enough people there to make a re-run next year happen.

Entry to the show was free to kit car drivers but ?15 for passengers. The club stand was free, the cost to the club would be hiring the marquee but that's a luxury. There's plenty of cover indoors when it gets too sunny!

Hope to see you all there next year.

Guy
    I didn't go to Malvern last year.
    For me, it was an opportunity for a nice cross country drive with something to see when I got there.
    It ticked the boxes for me, yes it would always be nice to see more Strats but still a good day out.

Dave