Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: National Kit Car Show 2024 - will the Stratos Enthusiasts Club be there?

SEC Member

National Kit Car Show 2024 - will the Stratos Enthusiasts Club be there?

Just wondering who's going before deciding whether to make the trip.

Re: National Kit Car Show 2024 - will the Stratos Enthusiasts Club be there?

Hawk Cars will be there with the red Stradale on the stand, my car will be staying away this year but come and say hi if you're popping over. The show needs supporting or we'll lose it forever!

June 1st and June 2nd Malvern
    https://nationalkitcarshow.co.uk/

I am booked for Skipton show 2nd June - but family issues may prevent me going to that.

SEC Member

I’ll aim to pop across in my white LB one on Sunday.
    Last edited by PostRoom; 27-05-2024 at 23:50.

SEC Member

There won't be any club presence at the show, unfortunately - of late, we've not had a good enough turn-out to make it worth it. When this was at Stoneleigh we held our AGM there, and hired a marquee for the occasion. We'd have several cars there both days, but the last one we had was 2 years ago and we had about 20 people there on the first day and none at all on the second. With the marquee costing over ?700, we decided that didn't represent good value for the members, so last year we held the AGM at the motor museum at Gaydon. Still didn't have that many members come along - think it was under 30, from memory - but it was indoors, the room was free and the catering was good too, and that's why we'll be going back in September!

So, sorry there'll be no official club thingy at the show, but if peeps aren't interested in going then the committee aren't interested in spending a wodge of club money for no return. Not to mention the effort put in by the committee!

Mr. Postroom, great that you're going along, but as a "free user" it's a bit cheeky of you to expect a club you don't contribute toward to provide you with weekend entertainment....sorry if that sounds a tad caustic, but you've caught me on a bad day. Tell you what though, join up and pay yer subs, and see about organising a club stand at the next gig for us. Deal?

- Chairman Norm

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post

Mr. Postroom, great that you're going along, but as a "free user" it's a bit cheeky of you to expect a club you don't contribute toward to provide you with weekend entertainment....sorry if that sounds a tad caustic, but you've caught me on a bad day. Tell you what though, join up and pay yer subs, and see about organising a club stand at the next gig for us. Deal?

- Chairman Norm

If you clearly realise that what you are posting is caustic best just don't post it. Provides no encouragement for me to re-join - in fact quite the opposite.

SEC Member

Nope, sorry, what you need to realise is that this club - including this forum - costs money, which is provided by paying members. It's administered by a committee who provide their time and effort for free, and we're not reimbursed for any outlay any of us make. While we're welcoming to all Stratos fans, if you're gonna hang around for years and use the club's resources at no cost to you, maybe you can have a think about how you're benefitting from others' largesse. If you're offended by me pointing that out to you, and it puts you off rejoining, then you're acting more than somewhat "entitled" and, let's face it, you were never gonna rejoin really, were you?

Banned

Which tells me I have made the right choice.

SEC Member

Well actually, you've only made half a choice - you've decided not to contribute to the club, but you're still here using it, so you must think there's some sort of benefit to you. Now come on, instead of getting all offended and posting meaningless statements, do the right thing, pay your subs and become a full member.

Anybody else reading this - it's not just me who feels this way. I've been asked quite a few times over the last few years about people getting the benefits of the club, without putting anything in. It may be time to investigate putting some sort of time limit on how long you can be a "free user"....

Would love to make it to the show but my back end is in bits... (free one for you there Norm!) Will try & get to the AGM in Sept, this forum is outstanding value to say the least, much as I love being a member of the LMC, it won't help you build a Stratos like this place, Thanks Peeps!