Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Stratossupersite

SEC Member

Re: Stratossupersite

Quote Originally Posted by Marcolino View Post
    I am doing a second download, converting the php files automtically into html files.

Maybe navigation and access works better then.
    This sounds like a good idea. Are you able to say if it is a slower process?
    Peter

SEC Member

The server is now at its bandwidth limit and my transferrate has collapsed to 18kB/s.
    Peter

Looks like it's over, yes...
    The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men
    Gang aft agley

Virtutis Gloria Merces
    www.jadefarms.com

Quote Originally Posted by StruanR View Post
    Yes I've only got 2 threads.
    Could the last 75 default day be set now?
    We might not be able to turn it off.... Only current threads can be extracted...
    Is this due to a cookie issue? If you go to the site and don't log on you'll only be able to view the 2 new threads. Log on and you'll view all the threads.... Can't log onto my mirror imagine probably as the authentication isn't available.. Been reading the FAQ's but hasn't helped me!!

maybe we all need to keep of it and let thoses downloading try and get the full site

SEC Member

The site is still up - accessed it a few seconds ago for a little look. By the time I'd got round to configuring the downloader, it's operating at full bandwidth again.

Could be hundreds trying to download all this.
    Peter

SEC Member

Yesterday I tried a different mirroring freeware program... called "Pagenest". It seems to have captured the entire forum. It saves it in it's own proprietary format, but from within the Pagenest program, the forum looks like and can be accses as if it were the forum itself. All the pics that were attached to the threads are where they are supposed to be and extenal links seem to work fine, tho it does use (on my machine) the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser to do so. (I prefer Firefox, but can live with this, I will explore the Pagenest program some more to see if I can change the default bowser it uses). I have been able to go all the way back to the first posts that were made in 2002. All the pages for each thread are there and accsesable.
    HTTrack seems a bit of a kludge to get to the info, but Pagenest (so far) seems to have done it's job.
    Just a note also, the Pagenest program used to go by the name "Web Stripper".

JD

Free user

hi All

First a big thanks to those who are trying to do something to rescue the old site, it would have been criminal not to retain the info.

Just a quick question, is there a plan once we have a coherent copy of the site to have it hosted as an 'extra' to this site?

i guess that will mean a fairly large upgrade to it's size?

Peter

If I can get it to work on the forum I will, It may be a while before I can do that, and it may not work as "A FORUM" like this one but hopefully we will sort something out but at least we might have a copy of the data.

many thanks to the computor wizards amongst us .......... Just shows how computor literate I am........ all those F**KING photos that i downloaded were done one at a time !!!!!!!............. what a twat !!!

You can all take the pith next time you see me !!!!..........will log off now and get pithed !!!!................. LOL LOL

Great stuff you guys

cheers

Anonimouse