Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Stratossupersite

Re: Stratossupersite

Yes ditto that from me, I've downloaded some small sections but hat's off to everyone downloading the entire site, good to know all that knowledge will not now be lost.

Thank you,

Vince.
    "In the beginning I looked around but couldn't find the car I dreamed of, so I decided to build it myself." - Dr. Ing. h.c. Ferry Porsche

www.lancia-stratos.co.uk

Transformer/Hawk HF3000 - Chassis: 1988 Spyder #045 - Engine: Alfa 166 3.0L 24v V6 - ECU: Omex 710 - Exhaust: Simpson - Tyres: Michelin TB15's / Pirelli P7 Corsa - Wheels: Hawk Compomotive.

I think I've got it all on my pooter now 33 hours and 5.3 Gb!
    Not easy to use from the hard drive so far - all the links still point to the online version rather than the internal version.
    But I hope all the info is in there somewhere!

try going to the main part of the forum and see how many threads you have I have only 2!!! so have no idea where all the rest have gone!!

Does that have anything to do with the 'last 75 days' default Ian?
    As shown on the actual forum right now?

You can list for longer periods.

SEC Member

Don't know about the time thing Chris.

At the moment, I'm doing the galleries - all in one go. I'm in 1day 6hours, just under 100,000 files, 3.36 GBytes and one error so I hope I'm getting something that I can actually access! No idea how much longer it has to go but at 50000 B/s it's pretty damned slow. Don't know if B/s is bits or Bytes/sec. Sure hope it's Bytes.

Pity there was no time to experiment with the settings before starting off. I've a feeling that the depth to which links are follwed has a very significant impact on the process so I'm off to do some testing before the galleries are complete or my router starts to smoke or my ISP pulls the plug...
    Peter

Danger is trying to download Youtube vids etc and other links, probably slowing the whole thing down. Yes, knowing the settings could make a huge difference...
    My download has been interrupted a couple of times when the computer decided to shut down for windows updates, so I'm not too hopeful my end.
    I've saved a few web pages, just in case!
    Struan
    The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men
    Gang aft agley

Virtutis Gloria Merces
    www.jadefarms.com

SEC Member

I'm going to try a small test before I do the next chunk. The galleries have just finished and it might looks like it might work - although I'm not able to access my own photos, everybody else's seems OK. Will have to disconnect from the web to test properly of course.

The "limits" tab on the options can be used to crank up the download speed. It defaulted to 25,000 B/s but was fine at home set to 50k B/s. The control panel in HTtrack confirmed the increased performance. You can even change it while downloading.

I'm going to try to exclude any videos. Thinking of restricting depth to 3 links and see what happens - if it works then good, if not and I run out of time then somebody else will have it all, I hope!
    Peter

It shows how much stuff there is on there?

Thanks again for your efforts, Peter, Struan.

SEC Member

A lot of it is just guff Chris - borders, misc images to construct the page etc, etc.

I've also fallen foul of the "only two threads showing" problem. I've always had my settings so that I can see all threads and I've checked this by logging into the site. I can also include a username and password in HTTrack's process of setting up the download but this doesn't resolve the problem - I can still only download the two recent threads. Can anybody shed any light on this?

Meanwhile I'm going to see if I can download the whole forum thing (as opposed to just the Stratos Forum) - if it makes any difference.
    Peter

Among the stuff that downloaded, there's a folder www.stratossupersite.com and in that there's a folder "forum". In that there's a folder "archive" which seems to contain threads intact, but how you index / search them I've no idea!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image1.jpg