Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Stratossupersite

Re: Stratossupersite

Quote Originally Posted by mudhut View Post
    This sounds like a good idea. Are you able to say if it is a slower process?
    I think it is (was) a little bit slower. My html download stopped yesterday in the afternoon ... server bandwith limit exceeded! I will try to start again ...

My first download is converting the file structure at the moment. Will have a look on it later.

Anyone has got a complete image of the site?

For the last 36 hours I've been getting only the "bandwidth exceeded" page. Has it finally gone?
    How many successful downloads have we? I've got what seemed to be all of it in the format produced by HTTrack.

It's offline due to over subsciption.......... Same during the Top Gear period.

Probably a bit late now...but it would have made sense to organise this so lots of us weren't all hitting it at once.....and thus triggering the bandwidth cap.

I think so, but could not be predicted...
    Struan
    The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men
    Gang aft agley

Virtutis Gloria Merces
    www.jadefarms.com

I've just managedto clear my PM cache Peter, so you might be able to continue now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mudhut View Post
    I don't think I can delete them Brent. When the site first opened up again, I started to delete my PMs in an attempt to limit exposure of personal data etc. I got some way into this and then it stopped working. Now I find that I cannot access PMs at all and the edit button on posts is missing - perhaps it's just for me!

Anybody is welcome to copy them and use them in any way they see fit (subject to some conditions, below) but I have to find somewhere to host them and I don't want to have to maintain two sets of them while hosted in two different places. Unfortunately they probably cannot be hosted here due to two reasons:

1. The club claims copyright on all material posted here - I cannot allow this as I've put too much work into them to lose control in this way.
    2. The club may place restrictions on who can access them - either as registered users or paid members. This is not acceptable to me. The old site was perfect because it never did.

Just haven't found a home for them that's car-related and relevant. The classic Lambo forum (mostly USA) is a possibility. They'd need to have a GNU type license to prevent charging for them - something along the lines of Wikipedia but I haven't looked into it. As the saying goes, "let no good deed go unpunished".

Meanwhile, if folk want them, just ask. They won't be lost for all time Brent - are you on FIAT group that could host and that would meet my requirements?

SEC Member

I can't even see anything to do with messages in control panel any more Chris - I suspect somebody noticed I was deleting PMs and blocked my access completely. I don't appear in the members list even though I appear to be able to log in. I can access My photos once in the photo gallery section but although I appear in the list in member galleries and there's a date for my last upload, there's no picture and so no way into my gallery by that route.

Don't know what's happened but it's a bit academic now really. Just looking for a place to host my drawings.
    Peter

Deleted all my PM's this afternoon without any hassle. Browser cache or set up?

SEC Member

I'm on IE8. Cleared cache several times.

No idea what's happened - I think my account is simply damaged. My site download only showed the two most recent threads again, despite over 12 GByte of data. Deleting it all now.

Just going to rely on Ian's efforts for the old stuff.
    Peter

When everyone has finished trying to download the site, and if no one has been lucky enough to do it, and the site is still up I will type in the 153 lines of text needed to copy it but I'm not going to do it again only to find we run out of bandwidth.