Thread: Alfa V6 power output

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Alfa V6 power output

Hi all, long time no see.

Just a quick post to say I put my old car on a rolling road today. It has the 3.0 24v Alfa V6 in it, with Squadra chip and the larger intake runners. From their site (now no longer available, dammit) I should have expected 240bhp. Maybe more with better air filter and exhaust compared to the 164. maybe less given that this is not a fresh new engine any more.

Pleasantly surprised to see a power figure of 266bhp reported, with about 250 lb/ft of torque. Curves looked good too, with torque rising quickly and then only slowly decreasing as revs rose, whilst the power was held easily through the top 1000 revs or so.

Will put up the graphs sometime, if anyone is interested.

Also appreciate that different rolling roads give different results.

Any other power figures seen for Stratos replica engines, be nice to see them quoted here (lots in old forum, of course, but more recent results would also be of interest).

All the best
    J.R.

Re: Alfa V6 power output

What rpm was your rev limiter coming in at John? You have exactly the same setup as mine, but mine seems to limit at about 6000

Squadra chip puts rev limit to 7200.

Now seen correct part of this forum to post this info, but can't read what is there as not a club member :-(

Quote Originally Posted by rutthenut View Post
    Squadra chip puts rev limit to 7200.

Now seen correct part of this forum to post this info, but can't read what is there as not a club member :-(
    John you can join with this link if you want to..

Cheers, well aware of how I could still join the club again.
    I think the club is great, has plenty of great people in it, working for the club and it's members.

Just that considering how little I use the car, I don't see so much benefit in me personally joining. Would be nice to be able to contribute to [more] forum topics without being a member, of course.

Also see that the club could/should have areas for members-only information, discussion and resources. I've seen on another forum (MLR, Lancer Register) that the way they have set it up means that some forums can only be viewed by non-members when threads/messages are over a certain number of days old. So members get first access to items for sale, hot topics, etc. That works for that forum anyway. For a smaller club, that might be much harder to see working.

fwiw, there are quite a few sections of the forum that aren't accessible to non-members, but it doesn't state that above each of the forum entries. Not sure if that's an oversight on the forum list, or if some should be open but aren't.

Apologies for going off-topic, but seemed a timely enough place to comment. Can remove this reply if preferred. Not trying to be contentious.

All the best,
    J.R.
    Last edited by rutthenut; 23-04-2012 at 10:42. Reason: MLR approach described

John thats fine all comment are welcome, all forums that are for members are now more clearly marked.

Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rollingroad.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	2302
    Two runs recorded, in fourth gear.
    Run 1 266.5 hp @ 5783rpm, 248.5 ft-lbs @ 4818rpm
    Run 2 264.3 hp @ 5951rpm, 249.7 ft-lbs @ 4808rpm

During the run, the operator said he could see it running slightly lean around 5000rpm, which would be why there is a small dip around there in the curves.

J.R.