Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lionel and NapierSports

Lionel, NapierSports & side windows

Does anyone have any contact with Lionel from NapierSports.
    His 2 mobiles appear dead and the landline just goes to message.
    I have left messages, texts and emails with no answer either from Lionel or Sue the administrator.

In May Lionel was shipping a car to Australia and was short of 2 side windows. I 'gave' him my brand new un-opened ones as I still had a lot of building to do on the agreement he would sent me a new set.
    5 months on and nothing.
    I am going to have to go legal and file a claim against him as I dont know what else to do.

If anyone has any way of contacting him, please help or relay this message to him.

Steve

EDITED 14/10/11
    I have recived my windows from Lionel.
    They look good and are marked.
    They are marked
    VIII/B/M LEXAN
    43R-001843
    Plastics4Performance

There is a big E1 in a circle
    Last edited by hollytree; 14-10-2011 at 17:06. Reason: update

SEC Member

Re: Lionel and NapierSports

You, and half the rest of the world too, I would'nt be surprised.
    Are we talking about Corse side screens, or Glass side windows?
    I can give you a contact to supply a new set of plastics, if he still has the moulds.
    The sooner Lionel makes a tactical withdrawl from the Stratos scene the better.
    I advised him as much years ago.
    PM me for more if you wish.

Re: Lionel NapierSports and side windows

I may be being unfair but all forms of contact have failed and I dont know what to do.

Lionel was going to send me E marked side windows.
    I would like him to supply these or alternatively give me my money back.

I will then need new side windows of either glass or polycarbonate from whoever can provide them.
    Anyone with the goods?
    steve

SEC Member

A lot of people think they may be being unfair.
    That should tell you something.
    Do you have a Corse kit?
    I have not seen a set of E-marked side windows for a Corse. That does not mean they don't exist (as my experience is getting on for a year old), but I would be surprised if they did.
    I can give you a contact for a supplier of Perspex/Polycarbonate ones.
    In fact, thinking about it, do you have a kit which came from South Wales?

I got an e-mail from him last Friday. If I read between the lines of what he wrote, his wife might be having some problems. I'm sure most of us will understand if he puts his family before business.

Free user

Lionel has pulled those sob stories before!!
    In reality he's out of money till he pulls a fast one on his next victim!!!!

I refuse to be a victim of his and will correct all of the problems that should NOT be there.
    I want this car!! ( He has shattered more than a few peoples dreams!)
    Craig did the best thing in saying to himself " I CAN do better then that ". = Lister Bell

It cost him $1500 ot send me a windscreen to Texas because it missed the ship! but it has cost me a LOT more to correct the other things that are wrong with the chassis and bodywork!

If Sue is unwell - I wish her a swift recovery (but does not distract from my distain for Lionel's buisness ethics )

Rant over after another night of redoing stuff that should have been engineered out at source!

Do you have Brian's KIt?

SEC Member

Reading between the lines is about the only thing you can do, because you'll never get anything meaningful.
    I'm still getting phone calls from dissatisfied parties realistically four years on from washing my hands of it!
    Being "banned" from the fabricators, I was unable to offer any input into Nigel's chassis, when it emerged from there I saw it, knew immediately that there were problems (more than I was aware it has to be said), told Lionel about them, and he STILL sent it on. There was still enough time to prevent the same thing happening with another stateside customer.
    I hope I still have as much energy and enthusiasm as Lionel does when I'm his age.
    It's some common sense and ethics he's short of.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Do you have Brian's KIt?
    First, hello Nigel, one of the three Corse builders in the USA.

Not sure if you are asking me, but my kit was originally sold to Reed Herman here in the states, but it stated life as a Litton. I like your comment about "another night of redoing stuff that should have been engineered out at source!"

John, Paul's car is coming along great. I really like the idea of the Corse chassis and the Lister-Bell body.

SEC Member

Glad Paul's build is coming along well.
    Yes, the LB bodywork was well worth the wait I'm sure.
    Napiersports bodywork supply has been somwhat erratic to say the least.
    What you have and what they currently supply are from two different sets of moulds.
    I'd imagine you will unfortunately struggle when it comes to fitting the panels, tho' there are one or two tricks which may help you when the time comes, so let me know if I can give you the necessary pointers at that time.
    Napiersport are now using the "original" Litton/CAE moulds which although much older still produce better panels if the laminator knows what he's doing. Still nowhere within a country mile of LB quality though.
    Napiersports big problem is that despite their mantra that they ensure quality by manufacturing in carefully selected sub-contract suppliers, in reality they have had continuous problems in maintaining any relationship with those contractors, who have been largely uninterested in helping, and supply has therefore moved around the country from one abortive agreement to another. The results have been predictably largely disastrous.
    I think Nigel is asking "Hollytree" which kit he has rather than yourself, Tipo.
    If it is the one from South Wales, then I know it, and it's past problems very well.

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    If it is the one from South Wales, then I know it, and it's past problems very well.
    Is that the one that was for sale last year with all sorts cut off and welded on?