As some of you already knew, my wife Trish has been terminally ill. Sadly, she died at home early on Tuesday morning. As a result of this my car will probably become available at some time in the next twelve months so if I offer it for sale, this will be the ultimate reason.

I've been thinking about the car and its future and I think that what I will need in the years ahead is a classic car that is already a complete developed package with some small scale tinkering potential, rather than my Hawk which is a development project in every area as is the way of kit cars. I really love this car and had planned to bring it back to its former glory but I no longer think that will be possible with the house and garden to have to work on at the same time as holding down a job (although teaching isn't the profession it used to be so retirement is a real option right now). At the moment the car has its rear suspension out awaiting my giving it the two pack treatment but probably not until next year.

I'm not sure when or even if I'll sell it but on balance I think that I will. Anyway, enough of that.

Peter Jones