I have been in love with the Stratos, well, since I saw pics of them. Never seen in one person. I live in the Bay Area and I gather there is one around here somewhere as I saw on LB's site that there is one of their owners who took it to the Hillsborough Concours last year. Would love to see it/sit in it.

I've currently got a bit of a collection (although I never really thought of it as such) of mostly sports or sporty cars. Why do I need yet *another* one? Well, the wife isn't totally against it - either I'd have to sell one (yuck) or I will have to wait til I win the lottery or send off the kids to college.

I just completed a 3 year project of building this car: https://www.flickr.com/photos/srwhit...7650413872226/

2000 parts, real wire wheels, lots of hours (I lost track of how many - probably several hundred at least). I figure if I have the patience for that, I could build a Lister Bell. However, I've never ever tried anything of that magnitude. I have changed oil, brake pads, spark plugs and done some other basic stuff. What sort of tools does one need for this venture? I gather that not everything comes in the kit (and certainly not the engine). I don't know how good the instructions are. I don't mind diving in but I guess I'm a bit worried that I won't be able to finish it without either multiple helpers, expensive tools or whatever. I certainly know enough race shops in my area that could help - but part of the reward (for me at least) is building the thing!

Looking forward to catching up with what everyone on here is doing.

Scott