Quote Originally Posted by hedge View Post
Couldn't agree more.

Until y'day I was running a 159 Ti SW. I chopped it in simply because of the engine. Mine was a petrol (1.75 Tbi) that chucked out 200bhp so it went well - not that you'd know it. You might as well have had a washing machine under the bonnet. Plus it had the dreaded M32 gearbox which, tbh, was another reason I chopped it in. It was gonna let go; more a matter of when than if.

I replaced it with another Alfa Sportwagon: a 156 GTA. Good lord it's a brilliant car. If you need a load carrier that's not a 3 series/ A4 etc, buy one. Less than 100 156 SWs ever made, a stunning blue one up for sale on PH right now (with only 30k). I love mine to bits. The engine, alone, is worth it. Especially with a Wizard exhaust...

Cheers,
Hedge
So you're "hedge" on Alfaowner too! I was looking for a black/tan leather Ti SW 1.75 turbo last Christmas until I started reading about the M32 gearbox (same as in the 1.9 Punto I had at the time which was okay as it's a lighter car). In the end I decided I wanted a 159 SW Ti 2.4 Q4 and ended up getting one (of four allegedly) from Veloces. Yes it was expensive but it's a great car with most options ticked, Bose, Xenons, Sunroof and Sat Nav. Not been a cheap years motoring sorting out niggles (suspension bushes shot, tyres getting low and a sunroof leak/flooded floorpan) but I love it and it's a keeper!

Guy