Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
Plus one for the wheels! They look so good.
Haynes manual in prominent position there Phil.
Are you getting sponsorship?
Morning John / Chris
There is an issue with the Haynes Manuals !!... the 2 Books I have found are for models up to 1978 and 1980 Upwards............ mine is a 1979 !... there are several wiring diagrams, for European and American markets, and also there is a difference between the 124 Coupe and Spider !...... however when I have been tracing wires back to source i.e Fuel Tank sender, Lights etc etc not all the the colour combinations match what I have on my car for any of the wiring diagrams !!... and I am convinced that the wiring is original..... So when you are a Mechanical engineer the electrics are taking a little longer than hoped !

Progress / Non Progress yesterday
I had read on some web page somewhere that the engine and gearbox could be fitted to the car as an assembly... so here we go I thought... took the bonnet of and safely stored it away without any drama, then after about 3 hours buggering around, pulling, shoving, giving birth to a 5kg hernia twins etc........... IT DID NOT GO IN !!..
The slightly different shape of the Fiat 131 Sport gearbox combined with the custom sump from Guy C (square along the front edge rather than rounded) prevented this idea... so today I will split them down and fit the engine followed by the gearbox (as the rear mounting for the gearbox is in a different place to the original item)..... that's the plan anyhow.

On the plus side... yes I really like the wheels too !

Cheers
Phil