Esteemed Enthusiasts of the Stratos Ilk (and partners),

After the success of the drive-out weekend at the beginning of the month, several peeps (OK, it was just more than one) remarked that they thought the route was the best yet. Seeing as I've been stitching these things together for 6 years now, I thought there just might be some merit in that, and once my head had reduced in size so I could get through the door to the computer in the back room, I had a look to see if I could have a go at running it again in a form that could work without a stopover, for anyone who missed out.

So a bit of route-massaging and jiggery-pokery means that in fact it's doable, only this time we'll start off from Tebay services and finish near Penrith. There'll be no stopping off at the air museum either, although I've factored in a rest at Blanchland (a bit over halfway), and it still includes the, er, "interesting" bits Total length is about 155 miles, give or take, but you don't have to do all of that if you don't want. Looking to start at about 10 and finish around 4 (assuming an hour for refreshments and an average speed of 30mph....hahaha).

Yeah, I know it might be too much for anyone further south than the Mersey, but at least it's there for anyone who CAN make it. So if you fancy using up some of the planet's ever-decreasing natural resources while you can still afford 'em, get your name down!

- The Social Norm