Hi,

Has the virus affected you yet? Workwise or home life?
The wife of the owner of a bodyshop we use confirmed positive a few weeks ago. They had just returned from Switzerland.

My work is very quiet. I am sitting at home on a Monday morning and have had quiet a few days off recently.
There has been a huge downturn in the classic car market last 12 months. Cars are not being restored because of the price drop/market adjustment.

So great news in early February when DK Engineering called me to be involved in two restorations. A lot of work for me. Many of their customers are above the lower end of the classic market shall we say.

Car No 1.
Car was stripped last year and sent to the Ferrari factory for the bodywork and paint as part of the Classiche certification.
Paint is finished on Fri 21 Feb and would be inspected by us on Tues 25 and probably transported that day. Ferrari calls work on the Monday and informs us the factory is closed to visitors. As we have all seen Italy in lock down now.
So that car im kind of stuffed on.

Car No 2.
We stripped and restored all the mechanicals/loom etc in January. Paint shop stripped the body and chassis ready for Classiche inspection. We cant send the car to Italy and they cannot come here.
Project is now stuck. DK are looking at the possibility of setting up a video link to the factory and do the inspection that way.

Last year I booked my Stratos in to the Laon historic rally in France,airb&b house,ferry all sorted. Doesn't look like that event will happen.

Watching the news almost seems like a Hollywood movie. Now I have a few days off my wife told me to go and do the weekly shop today,find out later whats left in the shops. If anything!

Myself and my sister look after my mother whos in her 90's. As one of us visits daily we are a bit worried about taking the bug round there. We do the food/bins/cleaning etc but if we dont go somebody else would have to so always a risk.

Im not making light of this virus by posting this im just wondering how we are all being affected,if at all.

I have just decided to forget the shopping as its a lovely sunny cold day and im getting my mountain bike out to do a 15 miler.

So has it affected you?
Stay healthy and I hope all the events this year wont be cancelled. Hope to see you all this year.