Hello all
Just joined and wanted to introduce myself. Like many others here I'm in the 50+ zone and the prospect of children leaving the house is filling me with project plans. I have (too?) many hobbies and enjoy car repair, solid-state hi-fi and its repair, woodworking, and watch repair. I have a 1997 VW Jetta that has been repaired only by me and is my daily driver. I'm also a pilot and scuba diver and would enjoy building an aluminum kitplane, but my wife has made it clear that a kitplane and continued matrimonial bliss are incompatible. I think I can put together a car and maintain spousal goodwill.

I've been taken by Stratos form for ages but I recognize that my modest means will relegate me forever to the world of replicas. I enjoy building and fixing things, so a kit really is more my speed anyway. My main reasons for joining here are:
- learn about various kit options available to someone in the US during a pandemic
- get to know others who have walked this path, so that I can learn from their experiences
- general conversation about the cars we love

David