Well that's it for another year! A great weekend with some great company, who all seemed to enjoy the route and the hotel, and even the weather played along! As usual the cars attracted loads of attention and probably resulted in a rise in A&E numbers due to people with cricked necks....
I'd thought there'd not be much traffic on the route and fortunately I was proved right. So we had a good run down the A591 from Keswick through Grasmere, Ambleside and Bowness, doing the posing thing before heading off through Kendal and then on toward the Pennines. The B6277 from Middleton-in-Teesdale to Alston was, as usual, fantastic with hardly any cars and was a bit of an eye-opener for some crews, in a good way The final stretch from Dalston back to the hotel took us up on the B5299 just north of Caldbeck for great views out over the Solway Firth and beyond to Scotland, obviously helped by the good weather. And then of course we had a couple of nights of fun, banter and talking general sh*te which is always mucho fun!
No doubt more pics will follow, but have a look at the FB page of the Fat Lamb Inn near Ravenstonedale, where we stopped for a bevvy around lunchtime. It's run by a bit of a car nut and the rooms are full of motoring-related stuff.
Here's a weird coincidence though. I headed over to Cockermouth after leaving the hotel, and stopped to fill up with the ole fossil brew. Only bumped into a guy I used to work with - as in, sit opposite - when I was at United Utilities in Warrington....small world or what? It was quite busy there so amazed he noticed me. Couldn't have been the bright yellow Strat, surely?