Thread: Why the Stratos?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Why the Stratos?

Whilst at Lister Bell the other week with a few others, we briefly discussed what had originally piqued our interest in the Stratos and how that lead you to buying/building a replica.

I'm sure I'm right in thinking a lot of you were standing in Dalby forest in the 70s and hearing the roar of the Strat getting closer - sadly I wasn't born until the early 90s so missed out on all that!

For me, I'd always been into classic cars, and seeing Reg Barker's Litton out of the window of the school bus at the age of 9 or 10, I knew instantly that it was the car for me. After begging my parents to take me to see the car up close, they finally gave in. 6 or 7 years later (and lots of buying and selling cars to make some money!) and I got my hands on a part-finished Hawk. This led me to be lucky enough to buy a completed car.

Sadly that Hawk had to go when starting my classic car business whilst at university - but I've never been able to escape the call of the Stratos, which is probably why I've got a LB chassis on order...!

What was it for you that started the ball rolling?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0005.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	11037

Name:	IMG_9571.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	11038

Name:	IMG_0296.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	11039
    Last edited by ah_sprite; 22-03-2017 at 12:57. Reason: Bad grammar!